Forum Name: Racing Rants & Raves
Forum Description: Discuss the latest racing news
URL: http://forums.gospeedway.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=10992
Printed Date: 25 Apr 2019 at 10:12pm

Topic: Kentucky Speedway Camping
Posted By: kentucky9
Subject: Kentucky Speedway Camping
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 8:54pm
They just raised the price for campsites at Kentucky Speedway from 400 to 750.00   This 350 dollar increase is to reward fans for sitting without turd hearses for the entire weekend, sitting in campsites full of pig sh*t mud, and enduring the most boring piece of sh*t cookie cutter race in history.

They wont let ya bring in a cooler, and I kid you not, they were out of Miller lite and Budweiser during the first caution.....I had to drink their 9.00 Heinikens. 

If you want my old spot and 12 season tix, they are there for the taking.  If you are smart, you will stay clear of this blackeye to my state.

-------------
Bristol.....Allowing Coolers since 1961

Replies:
Posted By: Puller
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 10:56am
As I have said on other posts we are bailing also. Is anybody camping at these prices? We're not renewing 8 tickets and 3 campsites.

Posted By: Puller
Date Posted: 18 Nov 2011 at 7:33pm
I just spoke with the camping director at Kentucky Speedway. His name is Ben Dover. He apoligized for the price increase and said they are giving everyone a jar of KY(I assume he was abbreviating Kentucky) jelly to help ease the situation. Maybe you've got them all wrong kentucky9.

Posted By: kyboy97
Date Posted: 27 Dec 2011 at 2:04pm
kentucky9 not sure the reason they raised camping prices but the reason you cant bring a cooler in there cause it ky state law  says that you cant bring alcohol in. that the same reason you cant bring alcohol in Churchill downs  call the ky state senator if you want it changed. it been like that far as i can remember

Posted By: exsailor
Date Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 12:25pm
sorry KYboy but we've already "discussed" that with the KY speedway and the question is, what if I want to bring in my Coke or Chips or Peanuts, like at almost all other tracks?  That's legal in KY. Well their response was it is too much trouble to distinguish between beer and soda in a cooler.  Even though they open them all anyway?  Translated lazy and greedy.  What a shame, I really was excited about this track and location until the Mgmt issues. 

Posted By: CENTRACOM
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 7:47pm
I have attended Kentucky Speedway since the first race in 2000 and will not be going back. The mess last year and the hike in camping prices has left me to search for tickets and camping at a non SMI track. Last year when we arrived the day the campgrounds opened we were not allowed to enter because "the ground was wet and soft". We were put in a temporary camp and were not allowed in our assigned camping spot for almost two days. When they finally let us in the campground it was still a mud hole. Our RV sank all week long! I spent most of my time spreading straw over the swamp and leveling and re-leveling my RV. When I took a week off of work to go camping and enjoy the triple header, I never imagined I would spend the first half of the weekend packing and unpacking two different campsites.
Now a hike in camping prices? I am not funding their road or traffic projects. I don't understand why they are penalizing the people that spend money at their facility for a whole week. Charge for parking! The campers don't need six lane roads. We arrive a week early and leave a day late to avoid the mess. I will not be returning to my home track!

Justin

Posted By: kentucky9
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 9:14pm
Justin, go over and rip their asses on their facebook page.  Sadly, I have been banned from there.  I was able to sneak some comments on their question section though

-------------
Bristol.....Allowing Coolers since 1961

Posted By: grichardson
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2013 at 7:51am
I was not impressed with Kentucky in 2012. I tent camped in an uncut grass mudhole. I have a paved spot at bristol at the drag strip for half the price. I can't see myself going back there again.
I was also agravated to death this year by phone from their sales staff after telling various callers not to call me back, if I was coming I would call them. I feel they are over priced for what you get and I have to see value in what I get for the week in this down economy.

Print Page | Close Window