FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Allmendinger-DUI

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Puller View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allmendinger-DUI
    Posted: 29 Oct 2009 at 3:08pm
Saw were AJ was arrested for Dui this morning. Error in judgement for sure. Hope it doesn't screw up his driving career.
cwgamer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2009 at 3:43pm
Kinda doubt it will have any long term effects on his driving career, as long as he's sincere and doesn't repeat his mistake. From Jayski:

"I made an error in judgment last night for which I take full responsibility," Allmendinger said in a statement released by RPM. "I went out to dinner and I had a couple of drinks. I honestly felt fine but I obviously should have erred more on the side of caution particularly given what I do for a living. It was a bad judgment call and I apologize for that ... To my fans, sponsors, team and NASCAR. If anything good can come of this then hopefully I can be an example of being more aware of drinking responsibly and if even if you feel fine, take a cab, call a friend ... just don't risk it. I will do my best to make it right and use this to learn myself and hopefully educate others." RPM officials said Allmendinger will be in the car this weekend at Talladega Superspeedway.
kentucky9 View Drop Down
BMS Fan Advisory Board
BMS Fan Advisory Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kentucky9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2009 at 4:48pm
The American Revoulution started in the taverns!  When a MAN cannot DRINK a couple of BEERS with DINNER then WE are TRULY living under TYRANNY!

.08 is NOT DRUNK.....lets take it to a vote.  All it is is another unfair tax on the poor!  I am no defender of DRUNK DRIVING, I say kill the bastards who are DRUNK, but .08 is ridiculous to any reasonable or rationa human being.

Bristol.....Allowing Coolers since 1961
highlife View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote highlife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2009 at 5:15pm
sh_ t happens
A race is a race, better than work
REBELXX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote REBELXX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2009 at 5:28pm
I think Micheal Waltrip is the one with the problem.If I was his sponsors I just might have a long talk with him about it and threaten to pull his sponsor ship after what he has done the last little while
Yukon_Don View Drop Down
BMS Fan Advisory Board
BMS Fan Advisory Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yukon_Don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2009 at 7:52pm
Well, I rarely drink alcohol (except at Bristol). The legal limit in this state is .08 . Compounding that is the fact I have a Commercial drivers license. That takes the legal limit down to .04 for me and anyone else with a CDL. If I have even ONE beer, someone else will be toting my big happy butt around.
davey130 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davey130 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2009 at 11:37pm
JUST SAW THIS ON THE NEWS. IT IS GETTING TO WHERE YOU CAN'T HAVE A DRINK WITH DINNER WITHOUT IT BEING ILLEGAL!
Proud Family Member of JELLOVILLE!!!
dawg37179 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dawg37179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2009 at 11:41pm
Maybe Allmendinger and Mayfield could start a team together...
Proud Jellovillian!

mbckic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbckic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2009 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by kentucky9 kentucky9 wrote:

The American Revoulution started in the taverns!  When a MAN cannot DRINK a couple of BEERS with DINNER then WE are TRULY living under TYRANNY!

.08 is NOT DRUNK.....lets take it to a vote.  All it is is another unfair tax on the poor!  I am no defender of DRUNK DRIVING, I say kill the bastards who are DRUNK, but .08 is ridiculous to any reasonable or rationa human being.

Drunk driving is a serious problem,I have had a DWI and am not proud of that but what I learned is if you want to pay the money you will get off easily but not cheap.Unfortunately this has become a money making machine for county governments and they could care less about stopping drunk drivers it has become nothing more than a steady stream of revenue that they count on otherwise it would not be about how much cash you are willing to spend to get off.Kentucky9 is correct its only about the money, only those who cannot afford to buy their way out get any real punishment. I am  sorry if this makes people mad but it is my opinion having gone through it personally,by the way my attorney is a former prosecutor making a fortune using his connections getting people off and usually not first time offenders.
God is great Beer is good People are crazy
hogsracing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hogsracing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2009 at 11:55pm
If it went down like he said then i'm cool with it.  Where we live their's alot of farmers, alot of hunters, and alot of old southern boys that like to drive the gravel roads and drink a few cold beer.  I'm not saying it's right to drive around and get drunk, but i think they need to worry more about the Meth heads than the beer drinkers.
Puller View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2009 at 12:32am
Never understood why a .08 is viewed the same as a .25. Had a drunk in town who was smashed and passed out while going down main street and hit a parked car. He bought his way out and got it reduced with a 3 month loss of license. The poor old boys pickup he hit didnt have insurance and they nailed his butt to the wall.
cwgamer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2009 at 6:45am
Probation 'till the end of the year:

AJ Allmendinger, driver for the #44 team in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, has been placed on probation until Dec. 31, 2009. Allmendinger has violated Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing) of the 2009 NASCAR rule book. (NASCAR PR)(10-29-2009)

exsailor View Drop Down
BMS Fan Advisory Board
BMS Fan Advisory Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exsailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2009 at 11:06am
for the average person .08 is a little over 2 beers in an HOUR.  Wow!  But the bottomline is that it is the law and whining wont' change it.   He is still a dumba** for driving with all he has to lose.  I agree about Mikey,  he has been in 2 incidents involving booze,  I see a problem.
strangmk View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strangmk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2009 at 11:58am
As little as AJ is, I bet one beer would put him at .08.  I also think it is ridiculous but he should know better.  It's not like he can't afford someone to drive him around.  I would be at .30 cause someone would be driving my butt and I would have as many as I could!!
Network Error (tcp_error)

A communication error occurred: "Connection refused"
The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.

For assistance, contact your network support team.
tadpole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2009 at 6:50pm
SH_t HAPPENS!!!!!!! Thanks MADD......    .08 is only 1 beerAngry!!!!
Showed up for the party and stayed for the race!I hate BUSCH so bad I made my wife shave hers!
Yukon_Don View Drop Down
BMS Fan Advisory Board
BMS Fan Advisory Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yukon_Don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2009 at 7:36pm
Tadpole, do you belong to that other organization...DAMM (Drunks Against MADD Mothers) ?
toolbox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toolbox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2009 at 10:49pm
Heard a caller to one of the shows on Sirius Nascar Radio the other day re-name him AJ Allmendrinker LOL  But, honestly, like most other folks, I believe .08 is way low to be "drunk". 
dawg37179 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dawg37179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2009 at 11:55pm
I sat on a jury for a DUI arrest last summer. .08 is NOT considered to be drunk. It is the limit for "driving while IMPAIRED". I only have 2 comments on that...

1) I think the governments were not making enough $ on DUI arrests because so many people quit driving DRUNK. So they lowered the limits to keep money rolling into the government coffers.

2) In our trial, the gentleman was found "not guilty". He was stopped in a "Barney Fife" type suburb, there were parts of the dash-cam video missing, and the cop's testimony was different between the Grand Jury testimony and the jury trial. The State's Attorney kept hammering at us that the defendant didn't have to be DRUNK...just IMPAIRED!
Proud Jellovillian!

Yukon_Don View Drop Down
BMS Fan Advisory Board
BMS Fan Advisory Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yukon_Don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by toolbox toolbox wrote:

Heard a caller to one of the shows on Sirius Nascar Radio the other day re-name him AJ Allmendrinker LOL  But, honestly, like most other folks, I believe .08 is way low to be "drunk". 

Now, THAT'S funny!

Rayost11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rayost11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 5:25am
Oh my! This is terrible. I have seen my cousin in the same situation. He used to earn by delivering food but was once pressed DUI charges. His licence was at stake and luckily, he found a good Los Angeles DUI attorney who got him out of trouble and saved his career.< ="text/">
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic