FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hall of fame

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
22sporttruck View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 22sporttruck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hall of fame
    Posted: 14 Oct 2009 at 4:32pm
what did you think of the first 5 inducties
Hickory,North Wilksboro,Charlotte,Dover,Loudon
madfinnhockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madfinnhockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2009 at 8:31am
It was a tough call, too many great candidates, too few spots. Perhaps they should have had a few more openings.

I haven't been around racing as long as many of you, and I've only heard about some of the great racers from the early days of NASCAR, so it's hard for me to judge who should have or shouldn't have gotten in, but from everything I've read, many are disappointed that David Pearson wasn't included.
22sporttruck View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 22sporttruck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2009 at 10:14am
I've been racing since i was 16 and a fan before that. I too thought there should have been more in the first class. Some of the early drivers like the original alabama gang Bobby + Donnie Allison, Red Farmer. Maybe fireball Roberts, Tiny Lund,Tim Flock, Lee Petty. Hard not to agree the Founder Bill sr. & the two 7 time champs Earnhardt, Petty.
Hickory,North Wilksboro,Charlotte,Dover,Loudon
magic miler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magic miler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2009 at 10:19am
All in all,some very good choices.Interesting to see next years nominees,but I think it's only going to get tougher as the years go by.
I truly hope the old timers don't get passed over,the younger generations need to remember the roots of NASCAR.
"PUT IT OUT,TURN 2"
LOUDON STOCKHOLDER

ed6246 View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ed6246 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2009 at 12:01pm
You can't go wrong with any of the choices, except maybe Bill France Jr. I thought David Pearson belonged in that 1st group, and Bill Jr. could go in next year. Great to see Junior Johnson make it. What a great Icon he is. It would be nice to be able to go to the induction ceremony in May!
tazzman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tazzman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2009 at 8:00pm
great choices.would of been better if they more than 5 the first year
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic