FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Memorabilia Auction

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
22sporttruck View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 22sporttruck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Memorabilia Auction
    Posted: 22 Sep 2009 at 8:40am
Did anyone else go? Stayed for most of the ACT race got there late. Seamed a little money hungery for a Charitie auction! wouldn't sell a Helmet for under $2000. They were not even real helmets (cheap reproductions). Roush, Red sox helmet had a high bid of $1750 and they weren't going to sell it untill the crowd went bullCensored ! Iwanted the Gordon roof but $1000 was to rich for me
Hickory,North Wilksboro,Charlotte,Dover,Loudon
madfinnhockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madfinnhockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2009 at 8:43am
I didn't even know it was going on, but a person walked by my camper with some drivers side sheet metal from the 99 car and he said he paid $150 for it, I don't know if it was autographed.
ed6246 View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ed6246 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2009 at 9:08am
I was there and was the high bidder for the whole side panel of the 43 car signed by Reed Soreson for $50.00. Great deal for me as I've always been a Petty fan, now if I can only get Richard to sign it!!!
22sporttruck View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 22sporttruck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2009 at 9:10am
from what i saw only two of the sheet metals weren't signed . Joey Lagono was there and gave a lot of autographes
greenie9374 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenie9374 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2009 at 2:48pm
The auction was pretty inexpensive until Logano showed up. The crowd grew like crazy and the bids went up. Pretty smart for Speedway Children's Charities to bring him in. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic