FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

#3 - I found this interesting...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Terry T View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terry T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: #3 - I found this interesting...
    Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 1:01pm
For a couple reasons, maybe some of you will too.

RCR #3 Chevy to Participate in Goodwood Festival: The Richard Childress Racing #3 GM Goodwrench Chevy that seven-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion Dale Earnhardt earned his 76th and final victory in will participate in this year’s Goodwood Festival of Speed in England on July 3-5, 2009. Taylor Earnhardt, 20, Earnhardt’s youngest child, will drive the car in demonstration runs during the three-day festival. It is her inaugural turn behind the wheel of a stock car. She will be accompanied by her mother, Teresa Earnhardt, president and CEO of Dale Earnhardt, Inc., founded in 1980 with her legendary husband. The Goodwood Festival of Speed is an annual event held since 1993 at the Goodwood House in West Sussex, a place of great British motorsports history. Race cars old and new will participate in both demonstration and competition runs up the nine-turn 1.16-mile hillclimb circuit. This year’s gathering will include a number of NASCAR stock cars in honor of the 50th anniversary of Daytona International Speedway. The car was prepared by and will be cared for at the Goodwood Festival of Speed by former #3 team crew members Danny Lawrence and Rich Burgess. Lawrence is currently the assistant head engine builder/trackside manager for Earnhardt-Childress Racing Engines and Burgess is the shop manager for RCR’s #31 Caterpillar team in the NSCS.(RCR)  (From Jayski)
Facebook: Terry Tombaugh
"I have a motto: Work to become, not to acquire." -Alan Kulwicki.
mbckic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbckic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 1:15pm
That is pretty cool for Taylor Dale was always proud of her and always had her around him so I am sure he would appreciate this as well.I wonder what exactly a demonstration run is hopefully not anything that could end up damaging the car, if so I wish they would use a show car instead of the last winning car he drove.
mbckic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbckic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 5:09pm
I cannot believe Taylor is 20 where has all the time gone?
God is great Beer is good People are crazy
Terry T View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terry T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by mbckic mbckic wrote:

I cannot believe Taylor is 20 where has all the time gone?

That's actually one of the things I found interesting.  Seems like just a couple years ago seeing Dale, Teresea & Taylor in victory lane.  Dale or Teresea holding her......  Of course 2001 was a long time ago too.
Facebook: Terry Tombaugh
"I have a motto: Work to become, not to acquire." -Alan Kulwicki.
davey130 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davey130 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 7:51pm

For me 1993, the year Davey died, sometimes seems like yesterday. Other times it seems like an eternaty.

Proud Family Member of JELLOVILLE!!!
Mulletman View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2009 at 9:52pm
I just wish it was somewhere other than friggin England!!
Peace, Love, and Coondawgs...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic