FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Smoking

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
kentucky9 View Drop Down
BMS Fan Advisory Board
BMS Fan Advisory Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kentucky9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Smoking
    Posted: 21 Apr 2009 at 9:32pm
Out of curiosity, is smoking permitted at the dragway or not?
Bristol.....Allowing Coolers since 1961
montepower View Drop Down
BMS Fan Advisory Board
BMS Fan Advisory Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montepower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 5:19am
I don't think so, but don't hold me to it. But I'm prtty sure it aint. You know someone will complain how it bothers their allergiesShocked
Always seeking to go faster !!!!
suzswv View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suzswv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 3:34pm
I would like to get an answer on this since I am planning on attending the NHRA races there in a few weeks!
Jelloville calling.....
tadpole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2009 at 12:13am
I doubt it Suz........Drag fans are a different breed! Probably not in the pits- but surely anyone that goes to watch the drags & breathe that tire smoke every run wouldn't b!tch about smoke from a cig. If they do-"F**k them & anyone who looks like them" as the infamous Wiggs says!!!!LOLWinkBig%20smile
Showed up for the party and stayed for the race!I hate BUSCH so bad I made my wife shave hers!
tadpole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2009 at 11:13am
ShockedShockedShockedOnly 6 topics in over 4 months posted for discussionConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused????????????  WOW............Die-hard dragracin' fans talk WAY TOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!WinkLOLLOLBig%20smile(& of that 6- one was posted by a die-hard Nascar fan K9)

Edited by tadpole - 03 May 2009 at 11:14am
Showed up for the party and stayed for the race!I hate BUSCH so bad I made my wife shave hers!
pondkeeper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pondkeeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2009 at 10:00pm

You can smoke anywhere but in the stands.

oxybob View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oxybob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2009 at 9:35pm

That state law strikes again.  went into a restraunt in va last week, saw someone smoking and it seemed really odd.  First time in a year and a half I ve seen that, living in tn and not getting out much.

Yukon_Don View Drop Down
BMS Fan Advisory Board
BMS Fan Advisory Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yukon_Don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 9:14pm
We always go over to VA to Logan's Roadhouse while in Bristol. They have a smoking section, and yea, it's really weird to be able to smoke inside a restraunt.  Smile
wiggsmom View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wiggsmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 11:43am
So....I'm curious: can you smoke at the dragstrip??????

Mrs_Yukon View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs_Yukon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by wiggsmom wiggsmom wrote:

So....I'm curious: can you smoke at the dragstrip??????

That would be a NOWink
aka "Yogi"
wiggsmom View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wiggsmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 3:51pm
thanks Mrs. Yukon!

Yukon_Don View Drop Down
BMS Fan Advisory Board
BMS Fan Advisory Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yukon_Don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2009 at 11:13am
It's basically the same as the oval track. You can smoke in the concourse and outside (including the pits), but you cannot smoke in the stands. BUT.....You're free to breathe all the unburned nitromethane and tire smoke you want!   :-)

Edited by Yukon_Don - 23 May 2009 at 11:15am
dawg37179 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dawg37179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2009 at 9:37pm
It looked to me ike you can smoke until someone asks you not to...
Proud Jellovillian!

smoke20 View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smoke20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by Yukon_Don Yukon_Don wrote:

We always go over to VA to Logan's Roadhouse while in Bristol. They have a smoking section, and yea, it's really weird to be able to smoke inside a restraunt.  Smile

New law for Va.. No smoking in restraunts effective Dec 1 2009. 
Don't take life too seriously. no one gets out alive, anyways.
watrerwizzard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watrerwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 4:50pm
  The only place that you can smoke is the concourse areas. You can't smoke in the grandstands, terrace and suite seating areas and there is no smkoing in the rest rooms. I hope this helps!
BMS Fan Advisory Board
BMS Fan Advisory Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montepower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2009 at 6:19pm
They also banned smoking in the staging lanesLOL
16ThEBiFF View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 16ThEBiFF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2010 at 3:29pm
They say no smoking in the seating area, but they didnt stop anybody from smoking last year. And there was nobody walking around enforcing it either. Im not a smoker and its i have only been bothered by it once, i had a guy next to me that smoked close to 2 packs at the Nationwide race. But yes you are not to smoke in the seating area but i never seen them enforce it.
Orange Blooded Race Fan
Grrrowlguy View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grrrowlguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2010 at 1:38pm
We need a way to be able to help them enforce it, text alert or somehting like the ISC tracks have
Go Busch Brothers!
ForceOfNature View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForceOfNature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2010 at 7:38pm
Smoking at zMax doesn't seem to be a problem. I smoke and I have never had any problem with anyone complaining, but then again I don't usually smoke in the seating areas.
7 Days with no nitro makes one weak!
watrerwizzard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watrerwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 12:29pm
YES SMOKING IS PERMITTED IN THE CONCOURSE AREA. BUT IT IS NOT ALLOWED IN THE TERRACE OR THE GRANDSTANDS.
exsailor View Drop Down
BMS Fan Advisory Board
BMS Fan Advisory Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exsailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 1:53pm
it's really sad...  of all the discourteous, rude and irritating things someone  next to me in the grandstands may do,  smoking would be at the bottom of the list and yet the PC crowd chooses to address that. 
Grrrowlguy View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grrrowlguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2010 at 8:04pm
smoking is the most discourteous thing you can do to a person in my book, never had any problems with anything else except drunks, glad the oval track workers told people to not smoke when saw and people reported smokers to them and the seating people stopped them. Hope it works that way at the dragstrip
Go Busch Brothers!
BMS Fan Advisory Board
BMS Fan Advisory Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montepower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 9:24am
I don't know what's worse, not being able to smoke outside or someone crying about smokers.
BMS Fan Advisory Board
BMS Fan Advisory Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montepower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 9:31am
Originally posted by tadpole tadpole wrote:

ShockedShockedShockedOnly 6 topics in over 4 months posted for discussionConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused????????????  WOW............Die-hard dragracin' fans talk WAY TOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!WinkLOLLOLBig%20smile(& of that 6- one was posted by a die-hard Nascar fan K9)
Most of the local drag racers are now using www.fullthrottle.com web site. I personally don't care for it just cause "they" seem to have their special click of folks
qaz668 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qaz668 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 10:37pm
This method of smoking is not illegal because there is NO SECONDHAND SMOKE.

If you are interested in "smoking" without the tar or carbon monoxide you might want to think about using an electronic cigarette. They do not burn but they have an atomizer and they produce what seems like smoke but is mostly water vapor with nicotine. It comes in a variety of strengths so you can step down if you want to. Or you can just use them confident that you are avoiding real cigarettes which have over 4000 chemicals in the smoke they produce, along with the tar.

My mother has had a good experience with these (link includes a 10% discount code):

www.greensmoke.com/disc10-15186

She reports no urge to smoke even when with friends that are smoking. She also claims to be able to breathe better and have more stamina.

The upfront cost to buy the kit is soon made back because the cartridges/refills are about 1/2 the cost of regular cigarettes.

My mother smoked for over 50 years and tried many methods to get away from tobacco but none have worked for her until this.

Edited by qaz668 - 10 May 2010 at 1:05pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic