FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Streetfights, waste of time...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Getsome View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Getsome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Streetfights, waste of time...
    Posted: 19 Jul 2007 at 9:17pm
at least for the bikes anyway.  We made three runs in three hours tonight while watching all the cars make at least three runs each to our 1.

If I wanted to just stand around all night I could have done so at home.  Get someone else to run the lanes.....
montepower View Drop Down
BMS Fan Advisory Board
BMS Fan Advisory Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montepower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2007 at 4:46am
It sounds like the staging lane issue still hasn't been solved. How many bikes were there? and did they have 2 or more staff members controlling them?
Always seeking to go faster !!!!
1SLOWSS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1SLOWSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2007 at 10:13am
Way to stay positive there guy. Usually it is the cars that sit there forever watching the bikes make pass after pass so, to me, it is a little like poetic justice. For the record I was there last night but, not racing.

No matter what they (Bristol dragway staff) do, someone will not be happy. I am just thankful that we have access to this facility at all and can have some fun open making wide open passes in a "legal" environment.

Kris

Edited by 1SLOWSS - 20 Jul 2007 at 10:13am
Spending money I don't have to buy parts I really do not need to impress people I don't know!!
Getsome View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Getsome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2007 at 6:05pm

Only one person controlling all the lane traffic. Like they usually do.  There were 26 bikes I think. Considering we can cycle thru that many bikes in the time it takes to cycle thru maybe 10 cars.

And I have been going to streetfights for 5 years now and never have I ever been able to make pass after pass unless it was early on tuesday night when there was just me and less than ten cars there and we all got to do a bunch of passes before the masses got there.

And this happened alot last year until a few people said something about it then to.
IceQueen2007 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IceQueen2007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2007 at 6:08pm
Yeah it was a waste of time.  It is in no way fair for the bikes, who take a total of maybe 3 minutes to run, to have to wait so long between runs.  There was only 1 guy running the lanes and the bikes were clearly an afterthought.  Tuesday night was great til the rains came and there were plenty of cars there then too.  Thursday night sucked.
Sporty8 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2007 at 6:47pm
I stood there thursday and made a mental note of one car that caught my attention. It went at least 2 times while we waited between each run. As far as how many bikes go, I was one of the first one out each time, and all bikes had completed there runs and the cars had started back before I could get back to park, so it may take 6 or 7 minutes to stage and run 26 motorcycles. We aren't asking for special treatment, we are asking for Equal treatment.
BMS Fan Advisory Board
BMS Fan Advisory Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montepower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2007 at 9:45am
I have to agree with Kris. Even though I won't be ready to race this year, I and many others are blessed to have such a great facility. I believe the staff is doing the best job they can with the amount of people that show to race. There will always be someone who feels they get the raw end of the stick.  I wish there was a way to assure that everyone gets a fair chance at racing. Maybe if we ALL put our thinking caps on and try to find solutions instead of just crying we can find a fair solution. ie... Maybe have one night for bikes and imports and another for domestics----I don't know but this was just off the top of my head. Another idea is to enforce the "street legal" aspect of it. I see alot of cars that I consider Non-street legal. There should be NO cars trailered in. If you can't drive , everyday and all day.your car then it probably shouldn't be considered "street legal" I for one will be able to drive let say to Myrtle Beach and back and go directly to the track and race all night. Money for gas allowing it.  Just remember that we are all racers and have a love for the sport and thrill. Lets ban together to make Bristol even better. Mike in Blountville
BMS Fan Advisory Board
BMS Fan Advisory Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montepower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2007 at 5:03am
 I'd go for that
Daniel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2007 at 1:04pm

I didnt get to go tuesday because of work. Where there alot of cars that night??? How about Thursday???

SUPER T-72MM = 1115 CRANK HP WHICH IS 970 RWHP BY "TITAN MOTORSPORTS"
STINGRAY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STINGRAY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2007 at 4:04pm
Yes, it's a great facility and opprtunity for all.  Best deal you can find anywhere, hands down.  It can also be fair.  Everyone pays the same and expects the same in return.  Nothing negative about that, just an opportunity for improvement.   
2002 SS Camaro
1975 Stingray
73dartsport View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73dartsport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2007 at 5:18am
In the end, Street Fights brings together several sets of drivers. You
have people all the way from 18-65 at the track.  From what is commonly
at Street Fights, you have lots of grocery getters just out there having
fun, then you got the import people who's racing each other for respect,
also you have the older generation who still have there high school car
and bring it to the track so they can legally open it all the way up, and
then finally you have the people who built a car for nothing but drag
racing. Normally the latter set will trailer in their car to keep it from getting
damaged on the road and also most of the time its just not economical to
drive a pure drag race car on the road. What I drive, its got TN tags, its
full legal, and if i switched the drag radials for street tires i'd have no issue
driving on the street except for the fact it drinks the gas, which would
really kill the wallet at todays gas prices, hence why its trailered in. Also
most of the people who brings trailers parks in the back away from things
so they don't interfere with everything else in respect to others.

They way i see it, as long as it's legally tagged, has DoT tires on it, has a
working muffler, and conforms to NHRA regulations if running 13.99 or
faster then they should be allowed to race. And trust me, I hate open
headers or straight piped cars without any mufflers at all
MotorcycleFair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MotorcycleFair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2008 at 4:33am
be grateful that you have a local track to screw around on,,,bring a trophy girl to talk to while your waiting to make it worth while for all of us ,, where i came from you had to drive to the next state to compete legally due to the population growth that shut the tracks down,,, looking forward to checkin it out this season - safe to all !!! god bless to the dude who just took a spill in gray.tn,, read that sad sh*t in the paper
DHumps View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHumps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2008 at 7:25pm
I agree with Mike on the street legal idea. Whats up Mike!

Originally posted by montepower montepower wrote:

I have to agree with Kris. Even though I won't be ready to race this year, I and many others are blessed to have such a great facility. I believe the staff is doing the best job they can with the amount of people that show to race. There will always be someone who feels they get the raw end of the stick.  I wish there was a way to assure that everyone gets a fair chance at racing. Maybe if we ALL put our thinking caps on and try to find solutions instead of just crying we can find a fair solution. ie... Maybe have one night for bikes and imports and another for domestics----I don't know but this was just off the top of my head. Another idea is to enforce the "street legal" aspect of it. I see alot of cars that I consider Non-street legal. There should be NO cars trailered in. If you can't drive , everyday and all day.your car then it probably shouldn't be considered "street legal" I for one will be able to drive let say to Myrtle Beach and back and go directly to the track and race all night. Money for gas allowing it.  Just remember that we are all racers and have a love for the sport and thrill. Lets ban together to make Bristol even better. Mike in Blountville
David
lukmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lukmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2008 at 10:15pm
sorry, but if you think thats bad you should be in my shoes!!! i have raced at bristol a very long time ,starting with my 78 street driven camaro,to  all out race 75,71,81 camaros and also a dragster that i worked very hard to get ! i now have a 8 year old son that has spent more time at the drag strip than 90% of the "street fighters" that show up at the drag strip every tues,thurs,sat and the sad thing is he is now ready to start driving a jr. dragster as i also race my full size "bracket car" that the only difference is that my car has slicks.... i have been to very many street fights and i have seen alot of cars with slicks not dot !!!! i think that bristol dragway allows who they want to run to run ... no matter what kind of tire ....i was at the track last sat. i saw at least 10 cars with open headers????? the rules only apply when it is convenient to "BLACK JACK" or another so called staff member!!!!like the starter" little big richard"....ha!ha! i wont even use capitol letters for him because he is a joke.........I think if bristol dragway had the right management that it could be very sucsessful for both the street fighter and the bracket racer.....       
rasingcain
shaffercustoms View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaffercustoms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2008 at 6:13pm
hey guys give them a chance. it's early in the season.  if you have any concerns shoot me a e mail at shaffercustoms@yahoo.com. i am also a racer like the rest of you. but more importantly i am a sponsor of king of strip. i wana help. does anybody remeber the old track.? e mail and i will talk to them. its a great facility.
a racer turned sponsor
BMS Fan Advisory Board
BMS Fan Advisory Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montepower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2008 at 11:38am
I still think the staging lanes are a BIG problem So what can be done? My first choice would be to get an official at the beginning of the staging lanes. Do any of you remember opening day? It was a complete cluster****. I tried to leave but couldn't due to the fact that there was no enforcement at the beginning of the lanes. If I want to sit in a parking lot I'll go to Wal-mart!!!. I don't mean to blow off steam and I still feel "PRIVALAGED" to race there.but come on. I remember a few years back when they had officials at both ends and it seemed to work good. So what's the deal? I know they can afford it Sorry, had to vent.
V8 Ranger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote V8 Ranger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2008 at 9:20pm
Hi Mike
Its George. Rember Me? LOL I havent been around for quite some time
I have been haveing some health issues that are keeping Me from working and money is tight so I droped My internet and phone service's for a little over a year to cut down on expences. Unfortunitly I have had to sell allmost everything I owned to keep a roof over My head, includeing My V8 Ranger   So it will be a while before I have anything to run, but I hope to make it down to watch a time or two anyhow!
Well talk to You later
George
Driveing fast makes Me feal good, Speed of light traped under My hood.
(Megadeth "502")
BMS Fan Advisory Board
BMS Fan Advisory Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montepower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2008 at 5:33am
Long time no hear V8Ranger Hate to hear of the srting of bad luck. I hope it has passed. I'm sure you'll find another toy to play with. I totaled the black monte trying to avoid a deer and had a telephone pole jump right in my way about 40 mph. I also have yet to race except one time with the new nissan titan i bought--15.4 losing traction first 60 ft.My white monte is almost complete. Glad to hear/see your still around, keep in touch. Do you ever go to just watch?
V8 Ranger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote V8 Ranger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2008 at 10:14pm
Mike
I am hopeing to have the time and gas money to go watch soon, maby this week,, theres a street fight on the 29th isent there?
Driveing fast makes Me feal good, Speed of light traped under My hood.
(Megadeth "502")
dalacheax1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalacheax1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 12:16pm
Just be glad you have a track to race at and quit whining! The closing of Memphis Motorsports Park is a sign of things to come for any track that doesnt have a long wait in the staging lanes. At Huntsville Dragway Test n Tune the bikes hot lap  2 or 3 times while the guys with actual race cars  that NEED testing , sit in them and sweat waiting on the bikes to finish without crying about it so get over it. If long lines bother you dont go, I'm glad to see them myself!!

Run whatcha brung and hope you brought enough!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic