FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best seats- Newbie to NHMS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
1Gunner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1Gunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best seats- Newbie to NHMS
    Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 11:29am
Looking for the best seats, what.. or where..would you recommend, for both Sat and Sun races this July?

Also looking at Race Day Pit Pass, are they worth $100? Why do they have an assigned seat number? At Talledaga we had great "pit lane" access, but at Pocono it was really lame!!

Thanks for any and all advice!!

Edited by 1Gunner - 13 Feb 2012 at 11:30am
madfinnhockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madfinnhockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 12:55pm
Just my 2 cents, I have seats in in the start of Turn 1 (Concord Stands, Section A) close to the top, and after sitting elsewhere a few times, I think these are great seats. They afford you a great view of the entire track and pit road without having to continuously spin your head from the left to the right as you would if you were sitting in the front grandstands watching cars zoom down the long straight-a-way.
I've never had a regular Pit Pass, so I can't comment on those.
NHMS
Charlotte
Atlanat
Pocono
Kansas
1Gunner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1Gunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 1:45pm
Thanks for the good feedback!!
lisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 10:19am

I would have to agree, turn 1 is the place to be, especially in July.  I sit in Cocord, Section F, just below the suites. It gets shady about 2:30-3:00 in July...it's nice, especially if it's hot like it was last year. 

It's always great to see the race off pit road, and there's alway lots of action in the turns.
1Gunner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1Gunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 10:24am
Great feedback... just called NHMS and booked our tickets for Sat and Sun...
Main Grandstand on Saturday in VIP (shade) sec ND row 46...
Concord Grandstand on Sunday in sec CC row 50...
Booked Race Day Pit pass as well.... half price special when you call the track!!

Edited by 1Gunner - 14 Feb 2012 at 10:30am
Southpaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southpaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2012 at 8:45am
My seats are in the main grandstand under the press box. Can see the whole track, birdseye view of all of pit road that's before I mention shaded cause we know how brutal the sun can be in July but also great spot should it rain!
Turn Left And Stand On It!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic