FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

No more NASCAR for me

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
FedUpWithLVMS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FedUpWithLVMS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No more NASCAR for me
    Posted: 08 Mar 2011 at 2:35am
The race itself?  Boring, boring, boring, as usual.  Reminds me of Talladega or Daytona where I only need to watch the last 10 minutes.  It was a sellout according to LVMS, but MANY seats were empty, and it was a perfect day.  Sellout?  Who are you kidding?  I didn't pay for my tickets, I got them for free from a company I know.  You could have gotten tickets on craigslist for cheaper than LVMS' retial price.  I'm sure many were given away and sold by their bearers.  Now Phoenix?  THAT was a sellout for sure for Sunday's race.  PHX RV infield was packed (not one spot empty) and on the outside of the track you could see RVs till the cows came home!  Judging by the emptiness of the LVMS RV infield, I'd say greed is finally starting to take its toll on your ridiculous prices for RV spots, in addition to ticket prices (no longer can you get a pre-race pit pass--it's called a 'driver introduction pass' now for a 'mere' $75).  I paid $25 for my Saturday ticket in Phoenix and $60 for Sunday's.  Huge difference, huh?  I'd rather drive to Phoenix and get more bang for my buck than come to a NASCAR event here ever again.  And we won't even get into traffic egress out of the track. *15* years later and it's STILL a disaster.  I didn't even get into my car until 2 hours and 20 minutes AFTER the race ended, and it still took me  almost 3 hours to get out and get home to Henderson.  This was AFTER I went to a particular exit according to the directions the speedway left on my windshield.  Right behind the NHP officer was a large 10' x 8' flashing sign that said "right turns ok" but I was not allowed.  I was forced to turn left and go to the Apex ramp to get onto I15.  Not having seen it move for the over two hours I waited to GO to my car, I drove north to Moapa and via Lake mead I finally reached my destination in Henderson, convinced I got home earlier than I would have on the slow crawl of I15.    Oh did I mention I was in a crosswalk before the race and almost got run over by an overzealous wanna be NASCAR driver dressed as a security guard in an LVMS track vehicle?  Good thing I was paying attention.  He was busy impressing us all with his gangster seat leaned way back and his shades on and music blasting, driving like he owned the place.   Oh and by the way, since no one at LVMS give's a crap about this forum, I'm sure my comments will be ignored, like most local racers' usually are.  Trust me, O. Bruton Smith will hear from me this time soon enough on these issues, and many more.
I encourage anyone that wants to visit LVMS for a major event to do so, then let them decide for themselves on whether on not they will come back.
DemonC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DemonC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2011 at 10:51am
Originally posted by FedUpWithLVMS FedUpWithLVMS wrote:

It was a sellout according to LVMS, but MANY seats were empty, and it was a perfect day.  Sellout?  Who are you kidding?  I didn't pay for my tickets, I got them for free from a company I know.  You could have gotten tickets on craigslist for cheaper than LVMS' retial price.  I'm sure many were given away and sold by their bearers.

I would imagine that the company you got them from in some way paid for them in the first place, either directly or through some type of sponsorship.  Additionally you have to consider the fact that of those free tickets handed out by the companies, not everyone who receives them is going to show up and some are going to sell them on Craigslist.  Regardless, they were still "sold" in the first place, thus the sellout.

In regards to your other points, I'm sorry your experience was so bad.  I planned on traffic being an issue the entire weekend.  Sunday, I left after the races on the 1/4 mile and had no trouble getting out and on my way.  I live in extreme SouthWest Vegas and was home in about 50-55 minutes, which is about 1/2 hour longer than it usually takes from the Bullring, Dirt Track or The Strip.

Perhaps if you have issues with the track it would be best to contact them at their offices as opposed to this forum, since the forum itself is not actually run by LVMS. 

Personally, I had a great time and am already looking forward to the Camping World Truck Race and Indy Car weekend coming up in October!

Edited by DemonC - 08 Mar 2011 at 10:55am
draco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote draco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2011 at 6:05pm
FedUpWithLVMS I think your just trying to be an ass!I went to the race and thought the getting out was a lot better than past years, also if you are a true nascar fan you would know there are alot of deferent factors to make a great race. they just didn't come together this weekend.

Edited by draco - 08 Mar 2011 at 6:06pm
DemonC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DemonC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2011 at 11:31am
This made me wonder what the actual seating capacity is for both tracks, and I found this...

Phoenix International Raceway seating capacity is 56,000
http://sports.espn.go.com/travel/news/story?id=2346812

Las Vegas Motor Speedway seating capacity is 137,000
http://sports.espn.go.com/travel/news/story?id=2346802

A sellout in Phoenix is only 41% of the crowd in Las Vegas.  That kind of puts it in a different perspective.  Smile

Edited by DemonC - 11 Mar 2011 at 11:33am
emazingli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emazingli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2011 at 7:14am
I agree with draco. Since I am a nascar fan, I am proud to support the nascar race. It has lots of fun with me though I couldn't see nearly my favorite and idol, Jeff Gordon. :D
emazingli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emazingli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by FedUpWithLVMS FedUpWithLVMS wrote:

The race itself?  Boring, boring, boring, as usual.  Reminds me of nascar driving experience at Talladega or Daytona where I only need to watch the last 10 minutes.  It was a sellout according to LVMS, but MANY seats were empty, and it was a perfect day.  Sellout?  Who are you kidding?  I didn't pay for my tickets, I got them for free from a company I know.  You could have gotten tickets on craigslist for cheaper than LVMS' retial price.  I'm sure many were given away and sold by their bearers.  Now Phoenix?  THAT was a sellout for sure for Sunday's race.  PHX RV infield was packed (not one spot empty) and on the outside of the track you could see RVs till the cows came home!  Judging by the emptiness of the LVMS RV infield, I'd say greed is finally starting to take its toll on your ridiculous prices for RV spots, in addition to ticket prices (no longer can you get a pre-race pit pass--it's called a 'driver introduction pass' now for a 'mere' $75).  I paid $25 for my Saturday ticket in Phoenix and $60 for Sunday's.  Huge difference, huh?  I'd rather drive to Phoenix and get more bang for my buck than come to a NASCAR event here ever again.  And we won't even get into traffic egress out of the track. *15* years later and it's STILL a disaster.  I didn't even get into my car until 2 hours and 20 minutes AFTER the race ended, and it still took me  almost 3 hours to get out and get home to Henderson.  This was AFTER I went to a particular exit according to the directions the speedway left on my windshield.  Right behind the NHP officer was a large 10' x 8' flashing sign that said "right turns ok" but I was not allowed.  I was forced to turn left and go to the Apex ramp to get onto I15.  Not having seen it move for the over two hours I waited to GO to my car, I drove north to Moapa and via Lake mead I finally reached my destination in Henderson, convinced I got home earlier than I would have on the slow crawl of I15.    Oh did I mention I was in a crosswalk before the race and almost got run over by an overzealous wanna be NASCAR driver dressed as a security guard in an LVMS track vehicle?  Good thing I was paying attention.  He was busy impressing us all with his gangster seat leaned way back and his shades on and music blasting, driving like he owned the place.   Oh and by the way, since no one at LVMS give's a crap about this forum, I'm sure my comments will be ignored, like most local racers' usually are.  Trust me, O. Bruton Smith will hear from me this time soon enough on these issues, and many more.

agreed
speedwayracer12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedwayracer12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 2:42pm
yeah i guess most of the cookie cutter tracks are pretty boring
rooster22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rooster22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2012 at 3:12pm
I decided to discontinue my attendance at lvms after 8 years after realizing the staff really doesn't care whether you return or not. There was an idiot blowing his locomotive air horn on his pickup all hours of the day and night and lvms didn't seem to want to take any action. it appears the guy was a vendor servicing the track so he seemed to get preferential treatment. Repeated e-mails to the infield coordinator with the infield assigned space number for the idiot proved fruitless. The problem was the noise scared my grandsons because it was loud, and only 15 feet from where we were. I talked to the idiot and explained the problem to no avail. I guess a good redneck would have just kicked his a--. I didn't think my grandsons would appreciate seeing their grandfather taken to jail. Used to be going to the races was a family affair. Not anymore. It appears LVMS wants to promote their" what happens in las vegas stays in las vegas"attitude without any consideration for children. We're having more fun watching the sprint cars anyway. Mud seems cleaner than what's going on in Nascar.
Gomezy3k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gomezy3k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 3:34pm
I quit watching NASCAR when they stopped running actual stock cars and went to the specialized race cars. It used to be very cool to think that you could go down to the dealership and buy the same car that was running on the track... Now about the only thing the NASCAR cars have in common with actual stock cars is a body that is vaguely shaped like a production car.

I would LOVE to see races with actual stock cars like the old days but unfortunately it seems like the only thing that is shown on TV are NASCAR crap. And the only stock cars or even remotely stock car racing has been drag racing and even that is rarely on TV.

Are there even ANY races out at the Speedway that has actual stock cars? I would be interested in going out and watching that, but I refuse to get within 20 miles of any NASCAR event.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic