FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Proposed improvements/ changes 2010

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Palanon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Palanon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Proposed improvements/ changes 2010
    Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 9:15am
Your thoughts folks?
"In the name of the Speedo, the Tach and the Holy Throttle, Amen."
Palanon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Palanon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 9:19am
( following is the thread starter from NESR posted by Kitt )

To those who were at the banquet - what did you think about the changes?

To those that weren't, cliff notes: (feel free to ad, I will cut and paste here)

1. Talk of new track is said to exist, but nothing in near future.

2. NHMS is adding a $10,000 purse to the championship winners.

3. No wrist band fee for racers who pre-register more than 3 races per weekend.

4. $15 camping fee at track.

5. Bigger budget and plans for classic.

6. We need some way to help market LRRS so we can stay strong.

7. More airfence.
"In the name of the Speedo, the Tach and the Holy Throttle, Amen."
Carella53 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carella53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 10:03am

Thanks for carrying this over to the NHMS forum:

1. Talk of new track is said to exist, but nothing in near future.
What comes first the chicken or the egg?  A new track would bring in more 2 and 4 wheeled pilots, increase safety - but, do we need to see the attendance up first?  Either way, with CCS planning on upping their New Jersey presence, we should keep in mind, LRRS as is will have a tough time competing with NJMS for those that are driving from NY, CT, NJ... 

2. NHMS is adding a $10,000 purse to the championship winners.
Cool, 23 classes, I saw about 20 different faces collecting awards at this weekends banquet (awesome congrats to you guys, you get contingencies and dash $ all year) - lets put $ into 20 people's pockets to keep our league alive (so much for the other hundreds of guys).  We need new riders, and good novice and amateur programs to feed the expert classes... we're not making it more attractive or more affordable for about 95% of the racers.  I know dozens of people who have quit for financial reasons... none of them were recent class champions.  Maybe we can have small random cash awards in all 3 classes (similar to the VP contingencies this year) - It'd be cool - no problems in weighting the expert purses more, but even winning $20 in a novice race makes somebody feel accomplished on their way home (I remember winning my first contingency as a novice, I was stoked - then couldn't find anything I could buy with only $10 of vortex $ haha)

3. No wrist band fee for racers who pre-register for 3 races or more.
Thumbs%20Up Nice, I think that's fair!  It's encouragemet to get the guys who run 3 races or less (many guys) to put more $ into LRRS in race entries (I already do, so I win)... Lets get online registration going, jeez... If NJMS doesn't have the software programming capabilities on staff, USE YOUR RESOURCES, I, as well as other web/software guys would be happy to help out, maybe a barter for some gate or camping fees.?...  but wait? we're trying to build up something, so how does NHMS recoupe $ from #2 and 3? see #4:

4. $15 camping fee at track
Ok, first I've heard of it... I'm cool with it, as we had a year off (rightly so) because of all the varying/undesirable conditions... but hey, if we're not paying gate fees, somebody should pay for the electric they're using.  Anyone have info on this though? Is this per rig, per head? pay at the gate thing, or a nasty nate enforced thing like electric used to be?

5. Bigger budget and plans for classic.
Thumbs%20Up Nice, now how about taking some of the teams who have great musician friends up on their offer for better entertainment this year? *cough cough*  (although I have to admit, the harmonica and accordian in the checkered flag ALMOST had me this year /sarcasm).

6. We need some way to help market LRRS so we can stay strong.
Thumbs%20Up  Agreed, but we need to lower gate fees for our friends/guests/people who ride so we can get more people to the track to get "the itch".  Race weekends aren't like trackdays, as much as anyone may say otherwise... Wanna get stoked? go to a competition that you can get licensed for and join in on next month. I think it may be cool if part of Penguin's new track experience marketing campaign, they market the rookie race as an "exhibition race" or split it into a slower and faster group, it may be less intimidating.   WHY DONT WE OFFER A $15 PASS FOR SATURDAY ONLY?  WHY DONT WE OFFER BLEACHER SEATS FOR $5 Anymore?  A lot of people like to be home sunday before a work week, so if they want to come to races on saturday, they have to spend $25 LAME -  $5 outside the tunnel/ day, $15/day $25/wknd inside.  Also, we're tightening up on photo/video restrictions, come on... how does that help exposure?  Go to my website motoaddiction.com, read the text... Want to race?  didn't think so.  Now, click media, check out the pictures and on-board videos... How about now?  :)  point made.  Work with the riders and photographers, let them help strengthen the sport and facility by media exposure... If you start charging photogs to spend 16 hours on the track, to hopefully sell 5 photos - they will stop coming.

7. More airfence.
Thumbs%20Up Hey, if now isn't the time for a new track, let's make ours as safe as we can!
Chris 'Kitt' Carella
www.MotoAddiction.com
Hindle/CrushLeathers/Woodcraft/ArmorBodies/Dunlop/Galfer/Motorex/ZeroGravity
Dangerous Dan K View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dangerous Dan K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 10:55am
Another NESR carry-over here.

Here are a few questions that keep getting asked on NESR that I'm curious about as well.

Is the gate fee waved with a minimum of 3 races, or for racers doing more than 3 races. I typically do 2. I'd do 3 if it meant losing the gate fee, since that third race would be discounted. Not sure if I'd do 4, depends if I get a second bike.

There are also a bunch of people, myself included, wondering how the camping fee works. Is this per head, per night, per trailer, etc? I'm always +1, so that could get pricey quick if I'm up there with a friend Thurs-Sun.

Also, I know there are some coupons available through certain people to get $5 entry on Sundays. I think it would be nice to have day passes available both days. I know plenty of people that would come up to watch for a couple hours, but 4 people in a car is $100 to watch a couple hours of racing on Saturday, and that's usually enough to turn them off. I cover the gate for the person I ride up with that helps me in the pits, but I can't cover everyone who wants to come up and see me race.

Outside of that, I think it would be cool if they kept track of points, championship style, for NV & AM. They wouldn't have to offer up any prizes or $, it would just be a cool way for us to know where we stand in relation to our fellow racers. Some of us do this on our own, but it'd be neat to have all done on the track so we knew where everyone stood.

And for my last suggestion, as though $ grew on trees and my opinion mattered: A better PA system would rock. It's hard for non-racers to be sitting in the bleachers, anywhere, and follow what's going on. If people could sit in, for example, the T3 bleachers (or even the ones outside the bowl) and hear the PA so they knew who was winning, what race it was, etc. that would be a nice bonus.

As for the initial list of 10:
1) Awesome. I'm sure it'll take time, but a new track would rock.
2) Good deal for the really fast guys, will never effect me personally.
3) Excellent.
4) Again excellent, but I'd like to know how it breaks down. Person, trailer, weekend, night, etc.
5) Awesome!
6) As Chris said, I think having less expensive day passes avaialble would get more people up there, and would result in more specators and more racers.
7) Airfence is my friend. Rock on.

Edited by Dangerous Dan K - 08 Feb 2010 at 11:14am
Doc116 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc116 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 12:26pm
LRRS EX #116
Michael "Doc" Lemire
Doc116 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc116 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 1:03pm
Why won't we see any of these "smart" changes?

Because we are not NASCRAP? Does a PA system outside of the garage area benefit NASCRAP? Nope. You can't hear a damn thing at a Nascrap race, you need team radio headphones.

Does metered RV service benefit NASCRAP? Not when they can control access to the infield.

My plan you ask?
Racers pay for your races and your $25 pit fee for the weekend. That includes power and water. You rent a garage at $1400 for the season? Waive the pit fee.

All Racers get 2 weekend passes per day of entered races. You only race Saturday? 2 Passes. Race both days, 4 passes.

Gate Fee: $5 Grandstand (if they can get a PA system with live racing announcements). They could have a couple food vendors out near the grandstands, heck maybe eben some autograph signing sessions at lunch and other minimal stuff to draw more attention to spectating.
Infield: For security, the only way you get in the infield is if you know a racer OR you pay a premium. All racers could be issues 2-4 infield passes a weekend and that would get your friends/family/pit crew in at a reduced rate. I have no issues keeping the riff raff outta the infield I paid $25 to get into. I also have no issues with random security checks of vehicles EXITING the pits. (This might cut down on the risk of theft of bikes)

I drive 3 friggin hours to race 1 race on saturday. Why? I am starting to wonder. I mean I love you guys and all but... Are you really worth it?
LRRS EX #116
Michael "Doc" Lemire
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic