FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hot Pass

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stefan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stefan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hot Pass
    Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 3:53am
Hi guys,

can somebody please tell me what a Hot Pass is?
Is it the Neon Garage ticket?

Thanks

Stefan
DemonC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DemonC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 11:38am
During practice and race sessions, the pits themselves are closed to only those who have a "Hot Pass", which is essentially race officials and a few other important people.  The Neon Garage is still open and you can still walk around the pedestrian areas in there, but as for pit road and the such, it's off limits.  Basically, it means that cars are in motion in the pits.

In other words, to answer your question, the Neon Garage ticket is not a Hot Pass.  Hope this helps!
Stefan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stefan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 10:09am
Yeah,

helps a lot thanks.

Stefan
PEECH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PEECH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 7:39pm
Not all true.A hot pass would give you acess to the pit and garage area at alltimes.The Neon garage pass is good fot pit road during qualifyng and pratices.Yes while cars on the track.Ilove being out there for qualifying on friday as a lot of drivers sign autgraphs on the way to the cars. 
Jaylor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 2:53pm
How can a person get a Hot Pass for the Pits / Garage area?

I have a Neon Garage Pass, but would be interested in seeing more.

Thanks
PEECH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PEECH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 7:48pm
I think every fan would like to have that also,i surewould.I could wrong but i believe that you have to be'"in" with a team member or with a major sponsor affilated with team or Nascar. .Pretty much have to know"somebody !I dont think you can buy you're way in.I am trying to get closer myself.I am going to try the lap sponsorship way.I'll get a cold garage pass on Sunday for the Sprint Cup garage.Acess.from7am-11am.Looks like this is my only way in other than buying my own team
deb4jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deb4jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2010 at 10:09pm
Would like to try the lap sponsorship one of these years.  Think you are right about the Hot passes have to own a team, have an in with someone that does or be a sponsor of a car or have a in with a sponsor of a car.  Not for us normal people usually Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic