FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

EMPTY SEATS!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
ed6246 View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ed6246 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EMPTY SEATS!
    Posted: 28 Sep 2009 at 4:34pm
Did you see all of the empty seats at Dover yesterday? This is hard to believe, as I think Dover is one of the best tracks to watch a race, and so close to major cities. With the crowds here at NHMS, they would be crazy to move a race out of here!!!
pats-nh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pats-nh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2009 at 5:59pm
I agree, there were thousands of empty seats, empty rows and sections, very sad to see.
tazzman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tazzman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2009 at 6:25pm
a lot of empty seats at a lot of tracks this year
qhilldogs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qhilldogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2009 at 12:08pm
not only empty seats, banners covered sections of seats that were empty! NHMS should not loose a race
Michelle Wade
Nascar Fan
Vermont
mwade@vtc.edu
racegirlnh99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racegirlnh99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2009 at 1:48pm
Yes I also noticed and commented, however, we still have to remember that even though they may not have had 100,000 whatever they did have was more than any other sport. If we keep supporting our track we won't loose a race. Rockingham lost their race because no one went to the track.
I am a professional photographer and offer my original race photos for sale on my website
www.chphoto1.printroom.com
ed6246 View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ed6246 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2009 at 5:44pm

I used to go to both races when I lived in South Jersey, and you coul not get a ticket to Dover. It's sad to see all those empty seats. I hope they don't lose a race, it is a great track!

magic miler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magic miler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 10:55am

Ilove Dover,having been to a few races there myself.

It is sad to see such a dismal turnout for a facility such as that.
Hopefully the economy starts to look up and these venues can start filling up again.
"PUT IT OUT,TURN 2"
LOUDON STOCKHOLDER

22sporttruck View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 22sporttruck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2009 at 1:47pm

2 of them were mine, darn economy!!!!!

Hickory,North Wilksboro,Charlotte,Dover,Loudon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magic miler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2009 at 9:39am
Lowes Motor Speedway,the heart of NASCAR country,with Empty seats at the end of turn 4.
Sad to see that. I went 2 years ago to the Fall race and it was sold out.
Tough economy I guess,or people are just tired of seeing JJ win againCry

Edited by magic miler - 18 Oct 2009 at 11:48am
"PUT IT OUT,TURN 2"
LOUDON STOCKHOLDER

22sporttruck View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 22sporttruck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2009 at 1:45pm
BOTH!!!!!!
Hickory,North Wilksboro,Charlotte,Dover,Loudon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magic miler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2009 at 2:17pm
Clap
"PUT IT OUT,TURN 2"
LOUDON STOCKHOLDER

madfinnhockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madfinnhockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2009 at 7:29pm
I was at Lowes for the race this weekend and I bet 20% or more of the seats were empty. I was over in turn 2, some rows were completely empty, some only had a few people in them. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magic miler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2009 at 7:33pm
                                        What,no bumper sticker for Miler?
                                                               Cry
"PUT IT OUT,TURN 2"
LOUDON STOCKHOLDER

carolinacraig View Drop Down
CMS Fan Advisory Board
CMS Fan Advisory Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolinacraig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2009 at 10:55pm
I believe alot of the seats were sold for Lowe's but the weather kept alot of people at home instead of sitting in the cold and on/off rain.  I stuck it out till the last 50 laps and went to the truck.  It was very unusually cold in Concord this fall.
Craig Smith
Carolinacraig@yahoo.com
tazzman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tazzman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2009 at 11:06pm
jayski's website says Attendance was 105,000. that is 51,000 empty seats

ed6246 View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ed6246 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2009 at 6:30am

Am I dreaming or is Martinsville selling Thousands of tickets for $25.(Good tickets TOO!)

Edited by ed6246 - 19 Oct 2009 at 4:16pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madfinnhockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2009 at 12:35pm
Not only Martinsville, LMS is offereing great deals for those who renew their tix for 2010, wish NHMS would offer an incentive. I didn't renew all of my tix for next year, going to wait for the last minute deals they put out.
ed6246 View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ed6246 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2009 at 4:19pm
I already renewed, but I'm hoping  nhms will do the same as the other tracks are doing, either send the difference $ back to you or credit your account!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magic miler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2009 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by madfinnhockey madfinnhockey wrote:

Not only Martinsville, LMS is offereing great deals for those who renew their tix for 2010, wish NHMS would offer an incentive. I didn't renew all of my tix for next year, going to wait for the last minute deals they put out.

Same here Madfinn. I will get my camping passes as usual, but I think I too will be a ''Last Minute Larry"!!!!!
"PUT IT OUT,TURN 2"
LOUDON STOCKHOLDER

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madfinnhockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2009 at 3:29pm
ed6246, I'd love it if they did, but don't hold your breath. 
ed6246 View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ed6246 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2009 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by madfinnhockey madfinnhockey wrote:

ed6246, I'd love it if they did, but don't hold your breath. 

I HEAR YOU MADFINN!!!
racegirlnh99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racegirlnh99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2009 at 2:10pm
I sent several emails complaining about not giving any discounts to renewing ticket holders to 3 people, including track president, and got no response from anyone. I went up to the ticket office and spoke to the people there and they just gave me the deer in the headlights look. I won't give up my row 40 seats to save a few bucks but you would think they could give us something. Been going since to NHMS since 2002. At least Bristol gives you free pole day tickets for the spring weekend and this year free truck tickets for the August weekend.
I am a professional photographer and offer my original race photos for sale on my website
www.chphoto1.printroom.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madfinnhockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2009 at 9:00am
I haven't been closely following ticket sales at the other tracks, but I'm wondering its just the tracks that aren't doing well that are offereing those to renew their season tixs the good deals. Anyone here closely following sales at other tracks?
ed6246 View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ed6246 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2009 at 7:12am

All the tracks are down Madfinn, and they are all offering discounts to the races. I look at it like this! When you see the Aug. Race in Bristol struggle to sell out, that means all the tracks are struggling!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magic miler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2009 at 5:56pm
Even today at M'ville.empty seats a'plenty.

Chalk it up to a bad economy I guess.
"PUT IT OUT,TURN 2"
LOUDON STOCKHOLDER

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic