FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Who's Not Going To Make It In?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Puller View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who's Not Going To Make It In?
    Posted: 11 Sep 2009 at 1:59pm
Out of the drivers that have a shot who's NOT going to make it in the chase?
beiter77 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beiter77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2009 at 2:27pm
The most obvious answer is Matt Kenseth since he's only 20 points ahead of 13th anyway. But Biffle may be in trouble also. Roush cars have struggled somewhat on short tracks this year. So I'm gonna say either Biffle or Kenseth and Busch slides into the Chase.
cwgamer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2009 at 2:33pm
As strong and consistent as Vickers has been lately, I wouldn't count him out either.
cleancutredneck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cleancutredneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2009 at 3:29pm
i'll be pulling for vickers to take kenseth's place

Dear Lord. While I realize you have a GREAT sense of humor, I was hoping that this year you could find someone else to use as the punch line. Amen.
davey130 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davey130 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2009 at 3:34pm
Matt
Proud Family Member of JELLOVILLE!!!
dawg37179 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dawg37179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2009 at 5:45pm
I don't think Kyle will make it. He is a little less than 40 points out of 12th. That's not a lot, but I think he will overdrive the car and be too aggressive trying to get the win. Then he crashes and the crowd goes wild!!!!!!

Proud Jellovillian!

chris14racing View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris14racing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2009 at 5:53pm

Prediction, Kyle will not make it and will cry after the race like usual

GO SMOKE #14
bullfn3 View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bullfn3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2009 at 4:05pm
Kyle will either dominate the race or he will crash and finish at the end of the pack. 
RIP Dan Wheldon
davey130 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davey130 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2009 at 9:55pm
We'll know here soon.
davey130 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davey130 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2009 at 11:19pm
DAMN!
kentucky9 View Drop Down
BMS Fan Advisory Board
BMS Fan Advisory Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kentucky9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2009 at 11:35pm

Kyle showed character.  Congrats to Vickers.  In 11 races the 09 sprint cup champ will be in the #9 Blue Oval

Bristol.....Allowing Coolers since 1961
beiter77 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beiter77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2009 at 11:48pm
This may not be a popular opinion but this is what makes the Chase suck. Mark Martin was over 500 points behind the points leader and now just because they reset the points and give bounus points he's the leader now. He was outside the top 10 in almost half of the first 26 races. Is that really championship material? Not picking on Mark personally because he didn't set the rules but the system sucks. If you weren't good enough to be in the lead or at least within say 200 points of the leader you don't deserve a championship.
beiter77 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beiter77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2009 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by kentucky9 kentucky9 wrote:

Kyle showed character.  Congrats to Vickers.  In 11 races the 09 sprint cup champ will be in the #9 Blue Oval

I agree. The boy seems to be maturing quickly. That's why the #88 may be coming off my truck and a #18 taking it's place. At least with Kyle you know he's trying. Jr just doesn't have it anymore. Congrats to Vickers though. He did what he needed to do.
hogsracing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hogsracing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2009 at 12:11am
Originally posted by beiter77 beiter77 wrote:

I agree. The boy seems to be maturing quickly. That's why the #88 may be coming off my truck and a #18 taking it's place. At least with Kyle you know he's trying. Jr just doesn't have it anymore. Congrats to Vickers though. He did what he needed to do.
What?  88 off truck, and 18 on.  Are you ok, i think Kelli needs to check on you.LOL
dawg37179 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dawg37179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2009 at 12:22am

Kyle showed character.
That's why the #88 may be coming off my truck and a #18 taking it's place.

I agree K9!!! Kyle was very humble I thought. He might actually be becoming a cookie cutter Nascar driver! That's what everybody loved about him....he was NOT a JJ, JG, TS, KB type of driver. Too bad, another bad-a$$ dowwn the drain!

And Beiter...I guess it's finally time to quit baggin' on Junior and start on Kyle...I mean if your serious about changin' stickers on your truck! Y'all are just a bandwagon fan, huh?
Proud Jellovillian!

casslakepatti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote casslakepatti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2009 at 1:06am
I know how everyone feels about Kyle and personally I am not that fond of him but my daughter is but honestly........it sure is difficult to win races throughout the year and not make the chase.  I think it really sucks.....
Patti
*07* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *07* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2009 at 1:38am
 chase + no #18 = borefest.

juan paco MIGHT get aggressive OCCASIONALLY, but the rest of them will be lovin' on each other worse than hemi-power and the twin big'n's! i'll still watch to see kyle busch & kevin harvick win races and witness the budweiser9 win a championship!
montepower View Drop Down
BMS Fan Advisory Board
BMS Fan Advisory Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montepower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2009 at 7:44am
Love or hate him, kyle does bring excitement to racing. I dont cre for his immature attitude he shows most of the the time but he can flat out drive a car/truck. If only the other drivers would show the same attitude towards winning.
Always seeking to go faster !!!!
cwgamer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2009 at 11:24am

I agree. The boy seems to be maturing quickly.

That's not Kyle Busch talking...that's Joe Gibbs and the Mars Corp. sponsorship. The real Kyle is still in there...somewhere. Wink

We'll see him appear again soon, I'm sure. As for changing your drivers like that....I'm guessing that's just the frustration talking. Hang in there my friend!
wiggsmom View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wiggsmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2009 at 11:58am
That definitely is not Kyle talking; he has a new PR coach who works with him throughout the week and "handles" him on the weekend. How would ya like THAT job? 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic