FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Looks Like We Have A Plan!! - II

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 425426427
Author
Ironside8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ironside8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2016 at 2:14pm
I have taken a few days after returning home from the Races in Bristol, to calm down, and comment on the STUPID decision made by the BMS Higher-ups this April.

The disabled have always been able to park in Lot "A", at the top of the hill, close to the speedway entrances. This year for the 1st time unfortunately, we were forced to park at the bottom of the hill, and wait for a wheelchair shuttle. Fifteen (15) minutes went by and no shuttle. We didn't want to miss Cup Qualifying, so my son pushed
me up the hill, a most humiliating experience.

No longer are we able to make a quick trip to the car to replenish our drinks, retrieve jackets and/or blankets, rain gear, etc. during a caution. If this trip was made without a caution, I estimate we would miss 50+ laps or more of the race. If I had to do it in my wheelchair, I would probably miss twice that or more. This is totally unacceptable.

BMS officials have completely ignored the needs of the disabled in this situation, and I believe discrimination is the result. As a season ticket holder for 9 or 10 years, I believe we should receive better treatment than this.

We will return in August for the races, however, if BMS DOES NOT change this Disabled Parking Policy, it is VERY UNLIKELY we will renew our Season Tickets for 2017.

It is extremely expensive to drive twice-a-year from Central Florida to receive this kind to treatment. I can sit at home and watch the races on television for 0.0 $$$.

BMS, PLEASE RECONSIDER THIS PARKING DECISION!!!

davey130 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davey130 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 6:20pm
Hey everybody!!!! I can't believe that it has been almost a year since any of us have posted on here!!!
Proud Family Member of JELLOVILLE!!!
racenut View Drop Down
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racenut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 8:14pm
Hi! We'll be there Friday!
Mike
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 425426427
  Share Topic