FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Looks Like We Have A Plan!! - II

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 366367368369370 427>
Author
wre2000mw View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wre2000mw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2011 at 10:47am
Shorts, snow suit, or scuba gear, it Bristol baby.  Be there soon.
wre2000mw View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wre2000mw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2011 at 10:53am
Mer, Indy is a breeze.  We go 465 and go around.  Its not that much farther because both of our options already come into the west central side of town and not even an issue if you plan on going I74.  Did you get the PM on the directions we have been taking.
the mer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the mer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2011 at 10:59am

wre2000

Yea I got the pm. I think were going out to the iowa track this year for the nation wide race in aug. you ever been there. We,ve went to chicago land for every race they've ever had but they've gotten to  boring so we thought we'd try something different this year.
wre2000mw View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wre2000mw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2011 at 11:20am
Never been there.  I will there that weekend also, for I crew and spot for Michael Bilderback and the ASA Midwest tour has a race there the day before the Nationwide race.  I hear its great.  Been to Richmond many times back with USAC silver Crown series when we raced with the IRL there and that was good.  Different tracks, but they are shorter with tight racing and you should be able to see everything.  Been to Chicago, but it was not somewhere I would go again for a while.  Hard to beat short track racing where set up and a wheel man are mandatory.  Maybe see you twice this year, unless you stop out to Rockford when the super lates are there.
racechaser101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racechaser101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2011 at 12:08pm
HAPPY RACEDAY!!!!!!!
GO #2
Terry T View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terry T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2011 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by wre2000mw wre2000mw wrote:

Terry, you guys running the PASS race at Wilkesboro.  We are going.  To bad the dates were not closer and could just stay down there.

No.  We haven't run any PASS races and this year we are only scheduled to run 2 CRA races so far.  Jason has began opening Meineke stores in N.E. Indiana and it has basically shut down our race team at least for this year.
Facebook: Terry Tombaugh
"I have a motto: Work to become, not to acquire." -Alan Kulwicki.
tadpole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2011 at 2:41pm
BMS update: Just got back from BMS.....Earhart (on staging side) is completely underwater(except staging area) from the creek to the barn-port-o-johns floating round the area. We also have 1" of snow on the ground(32 deg now) & Jellovilles area is underwater,tent city can't be seen from the water, & half of BMS's parking lot between the track & dragstrip is also under water. I can't believe it's snowingShocked..weather rock is white!
Showed up for the party and stayed for the race!I hate BUSCH so bad I made my wife shave hers!
dawg37179 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dawg37179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2011 at 3:12pm
Yesterday's Busch race, from start of broadcast to green flag - 18 minutes

Today's Cup race, from start of broadcast to green flag - 40 minutes and counting!

Shut the hell up and let's go racin'!!!!!!!!!
Proud Jellovillian!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racechaser101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2011 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by tadpole tadpole wrote:

BMS update: Just got back from BMS.....Earhart (on staging side) is completely underwater(except staging area) from the creek to the barn-port-o-johns floating round the area. We also have 1" of snow on the ground(32 deg now) & Jellovilles area is underwater,tent city can't be seen from the water, & half of BMS's parking lot between the track & dragstrip is also under water. I can't believe it's snowingShocked..weather rock is white!
Did you get any good pics to post?
GO #2
the mer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the mer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2011 at 4:18pm

Wre 2000I usually go to the spring race and short track I only live about a mile and a half from the track worked there when I was a kid .Watched Mike run at capital good little shoe. Like to see him get a shot at the nation wide.ride.

cooler heads View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cooler heads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2011 at 8:31pm
Just throwing out  a big hello and howdy to my JELLOVILLE family!
10 days and counting. (well, Trying hard to make it Wed. night but looking more like Thurs. morning.)

BoyFromIllinois View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoyFromIllinois Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2011 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by cooler heads cooler heads wrote:

Just throwing out  a big hello and howdy to my JELLOVILLE family!
10 days and counting. (well, Trying hard to make it Wed. night but looking more like Thurs. morning.)
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I 2nd that!! But I'll be there next Sunday afternoon.
wiggsmom View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wiggsmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2011 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by dawg37179 dawg37179 wrote:

Today's Cup race, from start of broadcast to green flag - 40 minutes and counting!

I wish they'd use some of that time for POST RACE stuff Shocked

cwgamer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2011 at 6:49am
Originally posted by dawg37179 dawg37179 wrote:

Doesn't bother me....I just time it to where I'm plopping down in front of the tube right about Anthem time.
tadpole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2011 at 6:55am
LINK TO LOCAL NEWS ARTICLE(& VIDEO) OF FLOODING @ BMS THIS PAST WEEKEND.(note-this footage was shot BEFORE the snowfall yesterday....got over 1" @ BMSShocked.....click video link @ top if article to see video):http://www.wcyb.com/news/27099664/detail.html
Showed up for the party and stayed for the race!I hate BUSCH so bad I made my wife shave hers!
the mer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the mer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2011 at 7:17am
tadpole
any long range race weather reports down there.
wre2000mw View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wre2000mw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2011 at 8:32am
Accuweather went from a 72 deg prediction on race day yesterday to 48 and r***  on today's prediction.
suzswv View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suzswv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2011 at 11:54am
Oh my....I just read the add five words thread.....oh my!   I can't wait to get there!
Jelloville calling.....
cooler heads View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cooler heads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2011 at 4:43pm
I am officially going to stop looking at the forecast! No matter the weather I will be there, with a smile and robe on. I don't go to Bristol for a warm weather trip I go to see family and friends and some racing even. Rain or S#%w or floods I will leave once again with life long memories, so it's all good!

daniel8 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daniel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2011 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by cooler heads cooler heads wrote:

I am officially going to stop looking at the forecast! No matter the weather I will be there, with a smile and robe on. I don't go to Bristol for a warm weather trip I go to see family and friends and some racing even. Rain or S#%w or floods I will leave once again with life long memories, so it's all good!

Right on brutha! Thumbs%20Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racechaser101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2011 at 10:05am
Got some good news last night.  Looks like I can get to Jelloville on Friday morning instead of Friday night.  Might even show up on Thursday if I feel like getting crazy and the weather looks good.  How many will be there on Thursday night??????
GO #2
suzswv View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suzswv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2011 at 10:18am
ME!!!  I hope!!
Jelloville calling.....
BoyFromIllinois View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoyFromIllinois Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2011 at 11:01am
I'll be there!
suzswv View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suzswv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2011 at 11:05am
Me and BFI!!  Who else do you need?  Wink  Actually, I think the majority of the gang plans to be there Thursday!
Jelloville calling.....
hemipower426 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hemipower426 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2011 at 12:11pm
I'll be there
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 366367368369370 427>
  Share Topic