FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ol'red is TRYING to log on!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
*07* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *07* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ol'red is TRYING to log on!!
    Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 7:44pm
 A few of you know my buddy Aaron. He's been to Jelloville and will be back with me in a few weeks. I've talked him into joining the forum as 'ol'red'. We signed him up, and activated his membership via email. But, he can't log onto the forum. It'll let him on using his screenname, but won't let him post anything, or go to his 'member control panel'! We couldn't get him logged in after 2 attempts at the email certification thang, on his computer, my computer, or my laptop. What the heck are we doing wrong!!?? Thanx in advance for any hints!

Smile

*07* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *07* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 7:46pm
      ^ There's ol'red standing there with all his friends. . .         LOL
hemipower426 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hemipower426 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 7:48pm
If hes using IE check his security options under options
suzswv View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suzswv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 7:48pm
Are you sure he is entering his member name and password right?  I have no idea why it won't let him post!

Hi and Welcome ol'red!!!
Jelloville calling.....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hemipower426 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 7:52pm
Suz who sets up the forum permissions?

suzswv View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suzswv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 7:54pm
I sent a test PM.  See if he can reply to it.  But the interesting thing is, when I went to his member profile and clicked "send a pm" his username automatically came up as ol\'red.  So I went ahead just sent the PM as it was and it came back no such user!!  
Jelloville calling.....
*07* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *07* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 7:54pm

Hemi? I don't know if it makes a difference, but we couldn't get him to be able to post or do the member control thing on 3 completely seperate computers.

And, Suz, thanx for the idea, but we can log in as his screenname and password and it will let him on, but just won't let him post or member control it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hemipower426 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 7:54pm
07 have him log in and come to this topic then scroll down to bottom right where it says forum permissions and see what it says there u have to click on the word forum permission

suzswv View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suzswv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by hemipower426 hemipower426 wrote:

Suz who sets up the forum permissions?

I am not sure.  Maybe Gamer can help.
Jelloville calling.....
*07* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *07* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 7:56pm
 OK, I'll do that now on my computer. . .

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hemipower426 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 7:56pm
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can create polls in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum

you should see this down there

cleancutredneck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cleancutredneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 7:57pm
there may be a 24 hour 'waiting period' to keep trolls from posting useless crap....can't remember ever having to wait or anyone else saying they've had to wait, but some places do make you wait

Dear Lord. While I realize you have a GREAT sense of humor, I was hoping that this year you could find someone else to use as the punch line. Amen.
*07* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *07* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 7:58pm
 Yeah, saw the permissions thing, but it said (under his name) that he 'cannot' do anything. . .

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hemipower426 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 7:58pm
ah ok thats the problem

*07* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *07* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 7:59pm
 ccr, got it. We accepted the email part of signing up on Tuesday. . .
ripher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by *07* *07* wrote:

is that all of his friends looks like he has so many

Edited by ripher - 05 Mar 2009 at 7:59pm
What you call a hero, I call just doing my job.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hemipower426 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 8:00pm
ok whoever one of the admins are can change that they have to setup permissions
*07* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *07* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 8:01pm
 Yeah, rip, nobody really likes the guy, but the girls dig him, so we keep him around. . .LOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hemipower426 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 8:02pm
BTW hey ol'red nice meeting u

*07* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *07* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 8:03pm
 Suz, I see what you mean. You can look him up under 'memberlist', and sure enough, there he is, but when you try to send a PM, it shows ol/'red?
*07* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *07* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 8:04pm
 And the saga continues. I told him nobody really liked him all that much, this problem confirms that. . . LOL
dawg37179 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dawg37179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by *07* *07* wrote:

LMAO!!!!!LOLLOLLOL
Proud Jellovillian!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hemipower426 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 8:06pm
it also shows account not active
jbja1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbja1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 8:07pm
Welcome Ol'Red.
Nothing better than racing under the lights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hemipower426 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 8:07pm
ok gonna have good weather this weekend think I will wash the coachman and use the blackstreak remover time to get ready
Cool
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic