FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1st race ever

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SHOT-TIME View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHOT-TIME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1st race ever
    Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 4:46pm
Think I messed up. I am sitting in row 12 champion side., is that to close to the track?
SHOT-TIME
doggoneracin View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doggoneracin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 5:04pm
Row 12 in the Champions stands will be ok. You can see all around the track, and pit road. It is a little close but not bad at all.
I just want to see a good race.
mike5722 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike5722 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 7:31pm

This is also my first race. We will be in Petty Grandstand, Row 24. Any idea how good those seats are? Also, was wondering where to get scanner frequencies. Any help is appreciated.

Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doggoneracin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 7:43pm
Really no bad seat at Atlanta. I have sat in Petty many times and enjoy the view. If you are in sections 104 to 117 you will be able to look down pit road. From any section you will be able to see the whole track.  Bring your sun glasses because the sun gets pretty intense late in the day. Scanner frequencies are available at the souvenir trailers in front of the main grandstands.   
mike5722 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike5722 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 7:57pm
Thanks! We are in 108
Kahnefan7737 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kahnefan7737 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 9:56pm
I will be attend my first race on Sunday. How earl should I arrive at the track? Also I will be sitting in the Petty Grandstand. How great are these seats? Is there alcohol allowed in this grandstand? Anything else I may need to know for my first race? Thanks Smile
ladyrider1990 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladyrider1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2009 at 12:48am
Originally posted by Kahnefan7737 Kahnefan7737 wrote:

I will be attend my first race on Sunday. How earl should I arrive at the track? Also I will be sitting in the Petty Grandstand. How great are these seats? Is there alcohol allowed in this grandstand? Anything else I may need to know for my first race? Thanks Smile

Alcohol is ok anywhere except Petty Grandstands section 113, they will not put you there unless you ask.   Have fun!!!!
GO #31 and #48
Sheri and Jay
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doggoneracin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2009 at 7:24am
www.atlantamotorspeedway.com Has alot of good info on parking and traffic tips. Make sure you are in the right parking lot for the direction you want to travel after the race. I would get to the track by 8:00 am. Lot of things to do outside the track to keep you busy for a couple of hours. Bring your sunscreen and sunglasses are a must in the Petty stands because the sun is in your face late in the day. Enjoy the race!!!
cwgamer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2009 at 8:06am
Originally posted by mike5722 mike5722 wrote:

...... was wondering where to get scanner frequencies. Any help is appreciated.

You can get them at the track, but if you want to get them pre-loaded this is the source I always used:

Scroll down the page a bit, and the '09 Cup frequencies are on a list you can copy and paste to a Word or Notebook file and print out.

Edited by cwgamer - 06 Mar 2009 at 8:07am
Kahnefan7737 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kahnefan7737 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2009 at 4:55pm
Thanks for all your help. Tongue
ladyrider1990 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladyrider1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2009 at 5:25pm
Do they come arond a sell ice in the campgrounds?
GO #31 and #48
Sheri and Jay
cwgamer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2009 at 7:22pm
lady-

Yes they do. They actually go through quite regularly up and down the access roads right in front of all the sites. Sometimes they move kinda quick so you have to be keep an eye out for 'em and don't be shy about yelling 'Here'!

Guy comes through in the mornings and sells newspapers too. Then, you'll also have several freebie promotion things come through. Nothing big....packages of Tums, Advil, bottles of hot sauce, etc. They are usually eager to get rid of the stuff so you grab as much as you want.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic