FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

No Coolers allowed in LVMS??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
donscomp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donscomp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2009 at 9:58am
Originally posted by IRONHEAD3 IRONHEAD3 wrote:

Great idea. Lookin forward to it

PM me with your email and I'll send those photos.  Great to see ya.

Don & Debbie
www.donndeb.com/rv
donscomp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donscomp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2009 at 10:01am
Originally posted by Lar88Fan Lar88Fan wrote:

ohhh 48rocks a Neon Knight also gets admission to the Neon Garage, and works both days sams town 300 and shelby 427. Next year if you go you oughtta sign up! It sounds like a blast
Hey Lar,
I got you message when I checked them at home.  But you left no phone #.  They locked us down after the race and closed the gates.  LOL 

Don & Debbie
www.donndeb.com/rv
Budman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Budman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2009 at 4:54pm
Hey donscomp, How was your weekend? I didn't read every reply. Why did they lock you down? Usually they don't let RVs out until 2 hours after the race.
It seemed like the infield was full but they were still offering grandstand tix for sundays race. The news was saying it was sold out.
Did you see the bandellros race on the track after sundays race? My neighbor's son was racing the #88. He won his division.
Hope you had a great time. Sure miss the noise and rubber burning. It was quite a crashfest all weekend.
later, Budman
donscomp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donscomp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2009 at 6:50pm

It was a GREAT time as always.

Yes they shut the gate coming off the Hill.  I KNEW that you cant leave in RV's for 2 hours and really I think that is a good thing.  But they would let even people walking off the hill.  Some guy out there yelling and screaming.  And Larry said he was going to try to stop by after the race.  Thats when I said they had us locked down.  So he couldnt have got up there anyhow.

Heard the Bandellaros going but didnt SEE them from the backstrech.
I dont think it was sold out cause they were still offering 50.00 General admission that morning.

And the Petty Race Ride along Sat. night was AWESOME!!!!!!!  what a thrill.

Don & Debbie
www.donndeb.com/rv
48Rocks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48Rocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 1:48pm
Now that I have been to a race and lived the experience it was difficult to watch the race on television yesterday.  To be there and feel the excitement, smell the burning tires and gas fumes and hear the incredible noises ... I am absolutely positively 110% hooked.

I have to comment on how wonderful we thought all of the people of Las Vegas were and I think NASCAR fans have to be some of the most polite and enjoyable I have ever had the pleasure of cheering with or alongside.  My group of eight were there all three days and truly tried to capture every moment of activity that we could. 

I also have to mention that one of our biggest worries was getting in and out of the track without too much time spent sitting in stop dead traffic, we had been hearing horror stories of five to six hours commutes.  Although we were in a rental home south of the strip we managed to find a few different driving routes and by night three we had nailed it!  The most time spent for any of our three commutes was naturally on day three but it was still only a little over an hour! 

We are diffently hoping for a return trip next year! Smile
Suzanne
Budman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Budman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 3:51pm
48rocks, Glad to hear you had a great time. We also miss the the smells and the noise.
Unfortunately we gave up our RV infield spot. They kept charging more money every year and kept taking things away. It's all about money. Angry
I would agree with you for the most part about Nascar fans but you haven't lived the infield. I don't think half the people know there is a race going on. It's the few drunks that you have to deal with that ruin it for everyone. Partying till the very wee hours of the morning, getting in fights. My wife and I were standing along the fence one year and the guys that were parked close by made us move. They had no claim to that area but it's hard to argue with 10 guys. Ouch Security didn't do a thing. One of the other forum members had beer bottles thrown at them.
Phoenix was even worse. People puking next to your RV or taking a wee. Hitting on your daughters. I like to have a few beers, hence the name Budman, but I don't bother anyone.
We don't go to anymore races. It's more enjoyable at home. Between those 2 races that we don't go to, we save over $2000. I just booked a week long Mexican cruise for $3000 and taking our daughters with. It will definately be more enjoyable.
Enjoy the races. Try posting some of that noise and burning rubber for me. LOL  
donscomp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donscomp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by Budman Budman wrote:

I don't think half the people know there is a race going on. It's the few drunks that you have to deal with that ruin it for everyone. Partying till the very wee hours of the morning, getting in fights. My wife and I were standing along the fence one year and the guys that were parked close by made us move. They had no claim to that area but it's hard to argue with 10 guys. Ouch Security didn't do a thing. One of the other forum members had beer bottles thrown at them.
Phoenix was even worse. People puking next to your RV or taking a wee. Hitting on your daughters. I like to have a few beers, hence the name Budman, but I don't bother anyone.

We had Budwiser next to us in 2 spots.  50 people on Sat. & Sundays.  Guys leaning all over our coach.  Bout got in a fight.  People walking INTO our coach thinking it was one of Budwisers.  One guy buttoning his pants facing our door and the wife walked out.  He had the balls to say "I thought I could have some privicy"  That did it.  I called the track and have not had Bud next to us the past 3 or 4 years.  And the past 2 years?  The sec. has been top notch.  But that isnt infield. 
Have a great cruise.  We are taking one to Hawaii in Oct.  LOVE the sea days.

Don & Debbie
www.donndeb.com/rv
FrankyB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 10:41am
 It is Simple,, I agree, It is GREED..It is Bad Enough no Food,No Drinks, nothing except Water allowed, they charge $12 for a Turkey Leg, $5 for Lemonade,Soda..$16 for a  Daq  etc. It actually Got Worst this Year, Yea they lowered the Price of the Tix for the Cheap,Now  Obstructed View Seats but  Cut the Length of the Race From Last Years 427 to 350..YEP that is correct 350, lots lower than the Original 400..I have attended Every LVS Race,but that is it..I'm Out, Will go to Daytona witha Starting Tix Price of $55 for 500MILES..NOT 350Km
Budman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Budman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 11:48am
We had infield parking almost since it opened. We quit going a couple years due to all their price increases and taking away things, not that they gave much anyway. Once they opened the Neon garage, we lost our "free" view and they closed the pedestrian tunnel so then we had to take the tram all the way around. The tram worked OK but it was just another inconvienance of standing in line and waiting. I'd be curious to see how many of our neighbors were priced out of the track too.    
DemonC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DemonC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by FrankyB FrankyB wrote:

Cut the Length of the Race From Last Years 427 to 350..YEP that is correct 350, lots lower than the Original 400..I have attended Every LVS Race,but that is it..I'm Out, Will go to Daytona witha Starting Tix Price of $55 for 500MILES..NOT 350Km

I'm not sure where you got this information from.  According to this press release- http://www.lvms.com/media/news/554965.html

it says "Last year's race was known as the Shelby 427 and featured a 427-mile, 285-lap race. The event will return to its traditional 400-mile, 267-lap distance in 2010."

donscomp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donscomp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 3:50pm
As Demon said.  It has NOT been shortened anymore than 2008 and before. 
Don & Debbie
www.donndeb.com/rv
Budman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Budman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 6:36pm
donscomp, are you going back to LVMS? Have they changed the rv spot prices? Hope the weather holds out. Vegas has had some crazy weather this year.
donscomp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donscomp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 6:41pm
Yep,
And I asked.  Why are the MH prices going up and other ticket prices dropped.  They said because of the insurance.
But now it looks as if you can come in on Monday.  Hell, ANY reason to leave home early is good enough for us.  LOL

Don & Debbie
www.donndeb.com/rv
calikid02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calikid02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2010 at 1:32pm
Just to clarify as of 1030 am Feb 22 backpacks are allowed I just spoke with track officials, unfortunately the no beer policy is still in effect.  Just an idea but anybody have a backpack with  a bladder (Camelbak)????? You could always fill that with beer!
MARK4MARK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MARK4MARK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 4:07pm
Hey guys! First time user, long time fan! For what its worth, there is one thing I have learned from forums/msg boards. Think before you post. Remember that the people who make the rules read these posts also. So please don't give away "secrets" that may hurt us all. If you're gonna "bend" the rules (even though you are just trying to help people out with advise) dont boast about it here! Attach you're email and give "advise" in private. Thanks. Me, I'm gonna get my drink on in the parking lot a few hours before the race then I'll only need to nurse a few high $ beers inside. And dont forget to leave a few in the cooler for the traffic jam on the way out! On a positive note, Its supposed to hit 70 deg. today here in Vegas although the clouds are in & out and theres a light breeze so I'll keep my heavy coat handy! HaHa! Anyways it should be fairly nice all weekend with forecast being 72, mostly sunny, slightly breezy tomorrow, 69 (my favorite#!) fri, 70 sat & 73! on Sunday! Ya baby! expect around 10-20 mph winds and partly coudy days with lows only around 50 (T-Shirt weather!)all weekend. P.S. I,ve lived here 6 yrs and nothing mother nature can do will surprise me! This "winter" I lost a few palm trees by the pool due to the "freeze". It got down to 29 and stayed below freezing for a few nights. I know, wah-wah! Hey I lived in Colorado for 10 yrs prior to coming here and I know weather! I'm taking in a small backpack with a few water bottles, binocs., camera and a light jacket (w/hood) and don't expect to have any problems. LETS GO RACIN!
GO MARK!(MARTIN) HE'S STILL OUT THERE DOIN' IT AND SO AM I!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic