FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jelloville Reunion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Poll Question: Is anybody in for a Jelloville reunion before March?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
46 [32.39%]
5 [3.52%]
25 [17.61%]
22 [15.49%]
44 [30.99%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
tadpole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2008 at 5:50pm
JELLOVILLE BUMP!!!!!!Big%20smileFrom bottom of page!Wink
Showed up for the party and stayed for the race!I hate BUSCH so bad I made my wife shave hers!
bradleygriffey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradleygriffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2008 at 12:22pm
Be there or be sqaure.  Thanx for making it possible Ben.
tadpole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2008 at 12:15pm
Went by BMS today! Skating Rink is up as well as ALOT of the lights. The workers @ the souvenir store were working like little elves decorating The Bruton Smith Building! It's starting to look alot like a Christmas Jelloville reunion!!!!!!!!!Big%20smile 
Showed up for the party and stayed for the race!I hate BUSCH so bad I made my wife shave hers!
montepower View Drop Down
BMS Fan Advisory Board
BMS Fan Advisory Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montepower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2008 at 7:41am
Originally posted by tadpole tadpole wrote:

Went by BMS today! Skating Rink is up as well as ALOT of the lights. The workers @ the souvenir store were working like little elves decorating The Bruton Smith Building! It's starting to look alot like a Christmas Jelloville reunion!!!!!!!!!Big%20smile 
CAN I GET A BIG HELL YEAH!!!!
Always seeking to go faster !!!!
tadpole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2008 at 12:42pm
I have been checking on some local hotels online & it looks like it'll cost between $50-$90 a night(Check in Fri,12-checkout on Sun,14). Havn't actually called them yet cause  I'm not sure on # of rooms needed or number of people coming. All of them look nice with the lowest your basic hotel to those with extra amenities like bars & restaurants for the upper priced ones. THEIR is GREAT DEALS on all of them right now for that date. I'm figuring around 15 rooms ,what do ya'll think? I've also got a bid on HOTELS.COM for a $50 a night room, 15 rooms, withen 20 miunutes from BMS. It's free, so I figure I'd see how it works.Big%20smile

BMS Fan Advisory Board
BMS Fan Advisory Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montepower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2008 at 1:33pm

I have been checking on some local hotels online & it looks like it'll cost between $50-$90 a night(Check in Fri,12-checkout on Sun,14). Havn't actually called them yet cause  I'm not sure on # of rooms needed or number of people coming. All of them look nice with the lowest your basic hotel to those with extra amenities like bars & restaurants for the upper priced ones. THEIR is GREAT DEALS on all of them right now for that date. I'm figuring around 15 rooms ,what do ya'll think? I've also got a bid on HOTELS.COM for a $50 a night room, 15 rooms, withen 20 miunutes from BMS. It's free, so I figure I'd see how it works.Big%20smile

I checked that same site this morning and couldn't find one with a barCry. LIke you said TAD, we need to start getting a plan together. Anything I can do, just let me know and I'll do it. I plan to take a drive this weekend and visually see what's nearby and post some ideas. Don't know just yet if I can afford to stay for the weekend, but being 5 mins. from track I will definitely be there. Maybe Tad can start a "roll call" thread where we can put our names,how many,number of days, etc.... P.S. Are we looking at the 12-13-08 weekend for our reunion?
tadpole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2008 at 4:08pm
Best Western in Johnson City has a bar(montepower- Checked Meadoview out of curiosity-it was only $91 a night WITHOUT any group discount! For those of you not local- this is the NICEST HOTEL in KINGSPORT{bar,restaurant,golf course,convention center, top-of-the-line!}) Looks like we can probably get a NICE HOTEL between $50-$60 a night. 
tadpole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2008 at 10:24pm
Got one bid today from hotels.com. $42.95 per night-Red Carpet Inn-location:right off I-81 @ airport exit & less than 10 miles from BMS.
harleymsn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harleymsn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2008 at 10:31pm
Wow, I haven't been on the board in a while, this sounds like a great idea.
On Pit Road - Racing Photography by Joe Dunn
http://www.onpitroad.com
wiggsmom View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wiggsmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2008 at 10:36pm
that sounds good tadpole...just make sure they'll have plenty of ice on hand for our beveragesLOLLOLLOL

harley...you have been missing out. where ya been???? working?

harleymsn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harleymsn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2008 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by wiggsmom wiggsmom wrote:

that sounds good tadpole...just make sure they'll have plenty of ice on hand for our beveragesLOLLOLLOL

harley...you have been missing out. where ya been???? working?

Been pretty busy here.
On Pit Road - Racing Photography by Joe Dunn
http://www.onpitroad.com
budjr8fan View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budjr8fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2008 at 7:11pm

TADPOLE...THE SITE I WOULD USE WOULD BE KAYAK.COM!...THAT SITE IS AMAZINGThumbs%20Up...IT GIVES YOU PRICES FROM ALL SORTS OF SITES FOR EACH LISTING.  I USE IT EVERYTIME THAT I TRAVEL AND I HAVE NEVER BEEN DISAPPOINTED.  JUST AN IDEA IS ALL.

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE "APPLE PIE!"

AKA "MOOKIE"
tadpole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2008 at 2:16pm
20 Days till REUNION!!!!!!! Who all is comin for sure?Big%20smile
NCracegirlKaren24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCracegirlKaren24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2008 at 5:25pm
I guess y'all will call me the new gal on the forum but I am definitely not new to jelloville!  Got a text from jellosuzie informing me of the up and coming party at the speedway.  Jello; lights, friends, up high at Bristol........just don't get any better than that!!!! Thumbs%20Up  Hello to Suzie, Don, Angie and anyone else I didn't mention. Thanks for including me!
NC Karen
suzswv View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suzswv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2008 at 5:29pm
Welcome NC.....oh heck - your name is too long!!!  Just so you guys know, I was a jello virgin til I met Karen!!!  She introduced me to Jello at Bristol a few years ago and well......I haven't been the same since - so blame her!!!

Hope you guys are going to make it to the reunion!!!
Jelloville calling.....
tadpole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2008 at 5:52pm
Hey Gang! Just heard this advertised on the radio & looked it up-could be 2 light shows to see-same price as bristol-$10.00 a vehicle-http://www.shadrack.com/christmas/    Looks different than bristol because the lights go with music-probably not better than BMS, just different. It is located bout a 1/2 mile from BMS on the Volunteer Parkway. BMS Speedway in lights is incredable.To see this battleground for racing turn into a winter wonderland is AWESOME!!!!!! In the infeild is Santaland-with rides for kids that includes bumper cars,crafts,food , and last but not least-SANTA!!!!!! (Did I mention santa sets in the middle of a big couch for family photo opertunitys? Can you say GRUOP PHOTO with santaWink). Anyway,the lights take you all around the property @ BMS including down Thunder Valley Dragstrip & around the high banks of Bristol Motor Speedway& through the grandstands @ BMS(yea-where the souviners & food are sold under the grandstands on the frontstretch where you feel like your under the ocean with Ripleys Aqaurium Display. If your not in the Christmas spirit when you get there-YOU WILL BE WHEN YOU LEAVE!!!!!!!!!Big%20smile    P.S.-Everyone is invited to this reunion-wether your a newbie or a regular member that just hasn't been to jelloville yet -NO INVITATION NEEDED-just come on to bristol on the 12th or 13th of DECEMBER!!!!!!!!  
BMS Fan Advisory Board
BMS Fan Advisory Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montepower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2008 at 7:51am

20 Days till REUNION!!!!!!! Who all is comin for sure?Big%20smile
HELL YEAH, I'M ALREADY THERE AND EAGERLY WAITING. P.S. Don't ride with me thru the lights unless you want to see the walls of the track up close. And I won't even mention the cringe I get when going down the drag strip,wife ALWAYS gives me that "don't ya dare" look when I get thereLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic