FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RV Lot Size

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Fundytrail View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fundytrail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RV Lot Size
    Posted: 21 Sep 2008 at 8:28pm

Let’s hope that SMI change their NHMS camping configuration from the current 18’ X 30’ (well 2 RV’s share an 18X60 lot) to the 20’X40’ lot size used at other SMI facilities.

Atlanta MS

RV lot average size 20’X40’

Bristol MS

RV lot sizes 16’X40’ to 20’X50’

Lowes MS

Dry camping lot size not listed.

Texas MS

Infield lot size 20’X40’

Las Vegas

Infineon Raceway

NHMS,LMS & Daytona

KH29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KH29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2008 at 8:55pm
I'm with you my friend... the way they do it now sucks!!  And go with numbered spots so we can just park ourselves.  I'm not even sure they were 18' wide this time.  They appeared to be narrower than in the past.
ampedn08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ampedn08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2008 at 6:57pm
I agree.I dont know the size of your rig,but I measured mine.

Camper=8ft wide

slide-out=3.5 ft wide

awning=8 ft wide

total=19.5 ft wide

Do the math.It does not fit in an 18 foot wide space.And i do not feel that i should pay 50$ more unless he is going to give me something besides 2 ft.How about an electric hook-up or even water.
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fundytrail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2008 at 3:48pm
We measured 4 lots from the center of the lines and all were under 18' (17' 6" to 17' 8").

Next year we will have the option for a 20'X40' lot Smile but at an increased price Ermm.
NHMS,LMS & Daytona

Robski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2009 at 9:30am
Yeah, the lot sizes are a joke. Luckily we have found we could brive the parking guys with free food or a $20 to choose our parking spaces at F lot. About 4 of us meet up and park together, but my awning is sitting on thier slide out. The lots are way too small. We would have paid for the larger lots this year, but they are not all together so we would not of been able to be right next to each other if we went that route.

I do appreciate the ameneties they have added.

RacegirlAng View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RacegirlAng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2009 at 3:38pm
Hey,
When you say next year, you mean 2010 races? I have been reading a lot of different postings and some sound like the larger spaces were already available. I couldn't find much on the NHMS website. Will each lot have this option, or only certain lots? Some of my friends have smaller campers and would not need the larger spaces, but I would still like to camp with them.
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fundytrail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2009 at 9:38pm
When we got our 2009 renewal for our RV lot we had the option to pay for a regular or large lot.
The regular (small) lots are grouped together as are the larger lots.
For example you can purchase a regular or large lot in RV camping area "L". When you arrive you will be directed to the area that you have paid for. If your group want to camp next to each other you must arrive at the track together and all have the same size lots.

The larger lot are no longer listed on the web site (might be sold out), if you all want a larger lot suggest you call the track.

Edited by Fundytrail - 09 May 2009 at 9:42pm
NHMS,LMS & Daytona

Robski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2009 at 2:30pm
When I called NHMS last year, they did mention the larger spaces but said they are not all together so they could not place most groups together. I didnt want to gamble.
martha5944 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha5944 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 6:14pm
I called to pay my balance due and upgraded to the larger lot today in handicapped L lot...they were still available.    Can't wait till raceday!!!!
hockeycoach15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hockeycoach15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 9:26am
The parking sizes, added with the less than professional (being VERY kind) are what prompted me to start staying at Speedway Sports Park last year. It is more expensive than track camping, but you get a designated site (which is yours to renew each year) and my walk to the track is less than 10 minutes. I stayed there for both races there last year, and doing the same this year. Met some really cool people to party with and the campground offers things that the track doesn't.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic