FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

AMS Newbie

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
aaronmc28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaronmc28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AMS Newbie
    Posted: 19 Mar 2008 at 2:25pm
My wife and I have been attending Bristol races for many years.  Don't get me wrong, we love it, but we want to try another track closer to home.  I have some questions and look forward to you guys' help.  We like the movie theater style seats, does AMS have these?  Where do we park, is there public or private parking?  How bad is traffic leaving the Speedway?  Can you see the whole track from the chair back seating?  Any info or additional advice appreciated.

Edited by aaronmc28 - 19 Mar 2008 at 2:26pm
cwgamer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2008 at 2:49pm
Hi-

Atlanta is one of my favorite tracks to visit. Much more 'laid back' atmosphere. Yes, they have the 'theater style' seats. Those are the 'Winner's Chairback' seats. Only section that has them. They cost more, but well worth it, IMO. It's where we sit. 'Winner's Chairback' is the only section that has those type seats, but there are quite a few of them and they should have plenty available. You can see everything from there. We are in Row 29 which is the very first row of these type seats, and we see every bit of the track.

Here is a link to a thread in the 'Post Your Pictures' area of this site of a few pics I took from our seats and camp site this past October. The pics don't do it much justice, but gives you a little bit of an idea. I'm planning on putting some more up on photobucket which will come out much more clear there. But for now...

As for parking, there's plenty of free parking on track property and not far at all to your seats. Some people park out along the highway, though I've never tried that. We usually camp in the family reserved area right outside the track for $100 for the entire stay so not sure how the parking situation works. As for traffic, again, since we stay over we have no problems, but I've heard it has gotten MUCH better than it used to be leaving AMS after a race....others can probably help you out with that better than I.

AMS is clean, convenient, fan friendly, with excellent site lines and great racing.....as long as Goodyear doesn't bring the boys a rock hard tire to run on. Hope that helps...and I'll try to get some better pics posted.

Edited by cwgamer - 19 Mar 2008 at 2:51pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic