FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Inversion of Start Finish Line

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kentucky9 View Drop Down
BMS Fan Advisory Board
BMS Fan Advisory Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kentucky9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Inversion of Start Finish Line
    Posted: 08 Mar 2008 at 5:18pm

What would ya all think about inverting the start finish line.  Make Turn 2 turn 4, and turn 4 turn 2?  They did it at Altanta.  I dont even know why I am thinking it, but it would be intersting to see it and what y'all think.

Bristol.....Allowing Coolers since 1961
KY_Smoke_Fans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KY_Smoke_Fans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2008 at 6:18pm
havent they done that already?
kentucky9 View Drop Down
BMS Fan Advisory Board
BMS Fan Advisory Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kentucky9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2008 at 6:22pm
They did at Atlanta, but I dont think they have at Bristol.  I may be totally ignorant on the subject.

KY_Smoke_Fans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KY_Smoke_Fans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2008 at 8:31pm
i may be wrong K9 but I thought they did.
jbailey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbailey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2008 at 9:46pm

Would it make that big a difference at a track like Bristol?   I thought it was the same circumference all the way around?  (Wow, I just said a big word.)     I know that at Talladega, they moved the start/finish line down the backstretch so they would sell more tickets toward the end of that stretch.

montepower View Drop Down
BMS Fan Advisory Board
BMS Fan Advisory Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montepower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2008 at 9:12am
Being seated out of turn 2 I would love it!
Always seeking to go faster !!!!
im4nckk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote im4nckk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2008 at 1:35pm
I thought they had already done that too
GO KASEY !!!!
ben.t View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ben.t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2008 at 1:38pm
Nope, never have done that here.  Interesting topic though.  Might be a way to shake things up a bit.
Ben Trout
Sr. Director of Fan Relations
Bristol Motor Speedway & Dragway
Send me an e-mail
DM4car8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DM4car8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2008 at 1:42pm
No!! I like sitting in turn one. Don't change a thing
Nascar318is View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nascar318is Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2008 at 7:07pm
How about making them drive clockwise.. It's too far fetched but that would be something to see at Bristol. Too much work for the teams to prepare the cars etc..
kentucky9 View Drop Down
BMS Fan Advisory Board
BMS Fan Advisory Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kentucky9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2008 at 7:11pm
250 to the left, 250 to the right.  First caution after 250, 20 minute work period, then run them the other way.

Or they could run 500 miles like they do now!

*07* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *07* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2008 at 7:13pm
 This ain't Cascar.

Anyway, my seats coming off turn 2 are a perfect angle to the start finish line.
 I say don't change a thing! Otherwise, I'd have ta' 'upgrade' my seats to the Family
 Non alcohol seats in order to get the same angle and view. . .
kentucky9 View Drop Down
BMS Fan Advisory Board
BMS Fan Advisory Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kentucky9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2008 at 7:17pm
Well 07, it would be nice to see the prerace over there where we are.  The scanner frequency will help with that though.
WreckNeck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WreckNeck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2008 at 7:18pm
Im with DM4car8 except I like being in turn 3.  I guess you guys over in turn 1 have fancier seats dont ya.
*07* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *07* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2008 at 7:23pm
 Yeah, K9, I'm as big a fan as you are of the pre race.
 (sarcasm. . .)

lol   I can see the prerace just fine from where I am.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nascar318is Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2008 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by kentucky9 kentucky9 wrote:

Or they could run 250 miles like they do now!

Fixed.. 500 miles would be an enduro race.. 1000 laps
*07* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *07* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2008 at 7:27pm
I'm goin to nascarcamping.com and check it out. see y'all later. . .
kentucky9 View Drop Down
BMS Fan Advisory Board
BMS Fan Advisory Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kentucky9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2008 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by Nascar318is Nascar318is wrote:

Originally posted by kentucky9 kentucky9 wrote:

Or they could run 250 miles like they do now!

Fixed.. 500 miles would be an enduro race.. 1000 laps

No, bygod I meant 500 miles.  Would be under 1000 laps, but hell let them run that.  I like my moneys worth, and I believe that would more than do it.

I say urinate on every 1.5 miler under 500 miles, and that NH 300 is sick too.  Run 500 miles at Bristol, and then lets see who da man is.

davey130 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davey130 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2008 at 8:23pm
Might be a good idea. I'm straight across from start finish line. Would have even better seats.
Proud Family Member of JELLOVILLE!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nascar318is Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2008 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by kentucky9  Run 500 miles at Bristol, and then lets see who da man is.  [/QUOTE kentucky9  Run 500 miles at Bristol, and then lets see who da man is.  [/QUOTE wrote:

I kinda agree with you, that would be sick in t

I kinda agree with you, that would be sick in the head, especially if they did before the re-surfaced the track when it was one groove and not 3..

Edit: the post is coming up all weird..

Edited by Nascar318is - 09 Mar 2008 at 8:37pm
por2 View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote por2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2008 at 5:24pm
YOU SITTING IN THE NON ALCOHOL SECTION WOULD MEAN THAT YOU WOULD ACTUALLY REMEMBER WHO WON THE RACE!
NOW THATS PRESIDENT!!!
BUSCH... THE ONLY NAME IN NASCAR
*07* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *07* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2008 at 10:56am
 Hey, c'mon, por, I certainly remember who won last year.
 Even after a dozen Bud's. . .

The great Kyle Busch in the Kellogg's 5!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic