FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What size cooler can you take inside the track?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
2000silverz28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2000silverz28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What size cooler can you take inside the track?
    Posted: 04 Mar 2008 at 1:35pm
Just as the topic says.  What are the limitations on coolers inside the track?  Do they even allow it? 
book1973 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote book1973 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2008 at 1:40pm
14 inch coolers max allowed inside and one additional carry in bag not to exceed 14 inches.
T
rpaulson7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpaulson7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2008 at 2:10pm

For those experienced, does a backpack half-full with binoculars, snacks, condoms, and a scanner fall within the "14 inches" rule?

OK, maybe not ALL of those items.
dawg37179 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dawg37179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2008 at 2:51pm
What the heck would you need a snack for at a race?????

The rest of the items, I fully understand...
Proud Jellovillian!

Nascar318is View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nascar318is Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2008 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by book1973 book1973 wrote:

14 inch coolers max allowed inside and one additional carry in bag not to exceed 14 inches.

Here's some more.. Info

rpaulson7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpaulson7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2008 at 3:12pm
Uh, so is that a yes or no to the question does a backpack pass the 14-inch rule?

14-inches what?  Maximum dimention?  Can it be a 14 by 14 by 14 cube?  Or only 1 dimension at 14"? 
book1973 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote book1973 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2008 at 3:18pm
Standard size backpacks are fine.   I would think you could get by with any 14"x14"x14" plastic or cloth material type container.  If I remember correctly, this 14" max rule is so it will fit under the individual's seat properly without taking up your neighbors space.
T
dawg37179 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dawg37179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2008 at 3:44pm
I might be wrong, but the way I understood it was that the cooler could not exceed 14" on it's longest side.

This would work:  (7" H x 11.5" W x 10.5" D)

This would not (28" L x 3" H):

Maybe Ben could verify this?????

Proud Jellovillian!

cleancutredneck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cleancutredneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2008 at 3:57pm
i don't think any dimension can be over 14".....we took in a decent size cooler last year....actually got in a case of the slim can bud selects....talk about something being heavier than hell

Dear Lord. While I realize you have a GREAT sense of humor, I was hoping that this year you could find someone else to use as the punch line. Amen.
daniel8 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daniel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2008 at 6:29pm

Yeah, we take a hard sided cooler that we have to take turns carrying and holds alot.

Harvick- 2012 Sprint Cup Champ
GFlucks View Drop Down
BMS Fan Advisory Board
BMS Fan Advisory Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GFlucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2008 at 7:46pm

Any cooler/backpack brought into the track cannot exceed 14 inches and must fit under your seat.

Glo
tadpole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2008 at 8:19pm
They have 14 inches marked on the table where they inspect your coolers(NO Glass allowed!!!!) That is how they determine if it meets the 14" rule(in length of cooler).I STRONGLY SUGGEST a SOFT-sided cooler with a SHOULDER STRAP!!!!!!!!!! It's a long walk to the track & the shoulder strap makes a hell of a difference!!!! I carry 18-20 beers in my soft-sided cooler+ice & it meets the 14"(Don't forget NO BOTTLES- you can bring liqiuor,whisky,even moonshine but it must be in a PLASTIC BOTTLE!)
Showed up for the party and stayed for the race!I hate BUSCH so bad I made my wife shave hers!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic