FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bristol camping

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ryan from Minnesota View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan from Minnesota Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bristol camping
    Posted: 21 Sep 2007 at 9:21am
Can anyone provide me with info on a place I can make camping reservations for the spring race?  At the track, near the track, either is fine.

Or, do you know any websites where I can find a list?
strangmk View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strangmk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2007 at 9:51am
jrfan_88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrfan_88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2007 at 1:30pm
All American Campground takes reservations and they are CLOSE to the track.  You might also try Pole Position Campground, their info is on the BMS website. 

*07* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *07* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2007 at 9:12pm
http://www.bristolcampground.com/

Another good 'en.    About 9/10ths a mile away. . .
cleancutredneck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cleancutredneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2007 at 9:38pm
it depends....if you're a pretty cool guy and think you can keep up, stay in gaines' place....bristolcapground.com........if not, you can stay at one of those other places......
nah...for real though, there are plenty of places to stay with great people at all of them....if you've got a camper and can get it there early, go to earhart east....it's right there at the track....if you're tent camping, you might want soemthing with less generators....bill gaines' is good for that.....it's not too over run with rvs.....it is a decent hike to the track though....everywhere has shuttles, but everyone is taking them...you just have to have patience to get on one.....
you'll get plenty of good advice here...just take a look at the map, pick where you think you might want to stay, and then ask specificly everyone;s opinion about that campground....cool?

not bad for a friday afternoon golf outting with plenty of brews and some more here at the homestead huh?

Dear Lord. While I realize you have a GREAT sense of humor, I was hoping that this year you could find someone else to use as the punch line. Amen.
cleancutredneck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cleancutredneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2007 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by 07in07 07in07 wrote:

http://www.bristolcampground.com/

Another good 'en.    About 9/10ths a mile away. . .

oh hell.....i didn't even see that 07 had said something already.....yeah, if you think you can really hang, we'll let ya know what spots we stay in....ya might even catch a few laps around the track if ya stick with us

Dear Lord. While I realize you have a GREAT sense of humor, I was hoping that this year you could find someone else to use as the punch line. Amen.
wiggsmom View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wiggsmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2007 at 10:32pm
i stand by my earlier post:

i'd stay aware from earhart east - there's a bunch of drunks, jello shooting, paint can sippin'redneck rebels, carousing, bowyer lovingfolks that hang out there. jk oh, and some guy with a web cam broadcasting LIVE via internet all the happenings. i don't know about you, but that sounds scary not to mention how ya feel the next day

harleymsn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harleymsn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2007 at 4:12am
Join the party at

Bill Gaines Bristol Campground

Edited by harleymsn - 23 Sep 2007 at 11:21pm
REBELXX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote REBELXX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2007 at 7:22am
Try Hicks White top Camping......Apprx 1/3 mile from the track....all up hill.....lol
budjr8fan View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budjr8fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2007 at 11:37am
Originally posted by wiggsmom wiggsmom wrote:

i'd stay aware from earhart east - there's a bunch of drunks, jello shooting, paint can sippin'redneck rebels, carousing, bowyer lovingfolks that hang out there. jk oh, and some guy with a web cam broadcasting LIVE via internet all the happenings. i don't know about you, but that sounds scary not to mention how ya feel the next day

Now Wiggs...don't try to scare em' away....ha ha
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE "APPLE PIE!"

AKA "MOOKIE"
SmokeFan20 View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmokeFan20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2007 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by wiggsmom wiggsmom wrote:

I know me and beiter didn't feel so good when we woke up Friday morning. I am not a big drinker anymore but something about the Bristol air. Before I knew it I had downed 6 Smirnoff's, 1 Moonshire Cherry, Several sips of the "Paint Can" and by that time I lost count on the jello shooters. But I can't wait until next year because............................IT IS BRISTOL BABY!!!!!
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE "TATER SALAD!"
daniel8 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daniel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2007 at 11:29pm
Man, I guess I better stay away from Earhart East.  Sounds like a rough bunch of people.  Oh btw suz, the green apple jello shots was the best flavor.  
Harvick- 2012 Sprint Cup Champ
*07* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *07* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2007 at 11:50pm
 I'm still favoring the apple cider CleanCut and I shared
 with BigBen. . . Who 'der? Who dat?
beiter77 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beiter77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2007 at 7:25pm
I know I hadn't drank that much in a long time and I kinda felt rough the next morning.
suzswv View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suzswv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2007 at 8:46am

Hey, I felt fine the next day.  Must have been that clean Bristol air or you guys are just getting old!   We need to start a count down to the spring race! 

suzswv View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suzswv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2007 at 8:47am
OK.  I just remembered - it did take me about three weeks to recover when I got home!
beiter77 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beiter77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2007 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by suzswv suzswv wrote:

Hey, I felt fine the next day.  Must have been that clean Bristol air or you guys are just getting old!   We need to start a count down to the spring race! 

Who you calling old?  I guess it's like ole Hank says the hangovers hurt more than they used to! 
2011 Nascar Champion... ANYBODY but the #48!!!
suzswv View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suzswv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2007 at 12:12pm
Since I am a lot older than you guys - I can call you old!!!! 
beiter77 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beiter77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2007 at 1:13pm
You're as young as you feel Suz. And that morning I felt every year.  
2011 Nascar Champion... ANYBODY but the #48!!!
suzswv View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suzswv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2007 at 1:21pm
Well, I felt very young while I was there!  Here lately, I have felt very old!!!
daniel8 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daniel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2007 at 7:44pm
I usually feel my age with about 30 years added on.
Harvick- 2012 Sprint Cup Champ
chuddleston View Drop Down
BMS Fan Advisory Board
BMS Fan Advisory Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuddleston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2007 at 8:55pm
Ryan,

Hey man....I'm on the FAN ADVISORY BOARD AND LIVE in Bristol, and let me make a couple of recommendations...One if you are looking for a non-alcoholic campground check out www.valleycamping.com or another place that is located about 2 miles from the track that offers shuttles to and from the track is located near a lake and it's called www.lakeviewrvpark.com you can check out both places on the bristol motor speedway's website under camping/loding. Hope this will give you some insight....Have a good one!

Chris Huddleston
BMS FAN ADVISORY BOARD MEMBER
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic