FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Racing the way it oughta be-what a joke!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
gary perry View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary perry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Racing the way it oughta be-what a joke!
    Posted: 26 Aug 2007 at 8:58am
Ruin the best track in the circuit!I thought Bristol was fine,the way racin oughta be!They will continue to ruin a sport,over money again and again!Domiant drivers no longer win championships,its who`s coming on strong at the end of the season.Ruin the good tracks.Rubbing is racing!Ever been to a dirt track?You should call it the IROC series anymore.BORING!Whats next?
montepower View Drop Down
BMS Fan Advisory Board
BMS Fan Advisory Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montepower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2007 at 9:40am
Yes I agree that Nascar is getting too political and that it is being ruined by sponsorship and MONEY. The track surface change the way Bristol is--Never thought I'd see three wide,but as for bashing them on trying to make it better, that isn't fair. Way to be positive. It's just too early to  judge the new track surface. As for seeing crashes--Get a life!!!If you want to see crashes go to a demo derby.If you don't like it, get rid of your tickets as there are 100's of thousands  that would be more than happy to take them. Mike in Blountville Tn

Edited by montepower - 26 Aug 2007 at 9:42am
Always seeking to go faster !!!!
12brodie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 12brodie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2007 at 10:53am
Kinda funny the same person longing in under Guest using different names each time is the only person who don't like it.
I am the 2010 jelloville 500 Champ!!!!!!!!!
jbja1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbja1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2007 at 12:02pm
I agree with 12Brodie.  I watched on TV and it's the best racing I've seen at Bristol in 15 yrs!  If you plan to sell your tickets for the spring race let me know, I've got a group that needs extras! I've never been a fan of the bump and run but it's probably because I've been going to Bristol since 1979 and I remember what a Great Track it was previously.  I'm excited about the spring race as Goodyear will adjust the tires and the drivers want be so worried about the Championship that early in the year.  Go 43, great finish!
Smokefan View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokefan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2007 at 3:36pm
Quote Kinda funny the same person longing in under Guest using different names each time is the only person who don't like it.
Makes ya wonder why they let Guests Post!!!!

Edited by Smokefan - 26 Aug 2007 at 3:37pm
chuddleston View Drop Down
BMS Fan Advisory Board
BMS Fan Advisory Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuddleston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2007 at 4:13pm

Hey gang!!! Wow what an exciting week of racing.....You know everyone is entitled to their opinion but I loved what the Speedway did to the track since I am a Bristolian. I came to the Late Model races they had before race weekend, and those guys put on a great show with lots of three wide racing, and this past weekend was a filled with lots of excitement too. Yeah the racing up front was a little boring at times but you know that's the nature of the beast sometimes. The action in the middle of the packs was great.....I believe that given some more laps that Tony Stewart would have won. He kicked into overdrive and was coming but came up with a 4th place finish. The Busch Race on Friday was awesome and so was the truck race. I saw the surface before and it needed some attention so I applaude Jeff Byrd and gang on a job well done....See ya next year!!!!

Chris Huddleston
BMS FAN ADVISORY BOARD
cleancutredneck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cleancutredneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2007 at 4:35pm
anyone that talks negative about the new surface didn't really watch enough of the three races....i watched the truck race and that got me excited....had to listen to the busch race at the camp ground and when they mentioned 4 wide a few times, i couldn't believe what i was hearing.....and then saturday night, what a great time.....it did get a little boring at times but hopefully goodyear can get something done with the tires and make them a bit softer.....that and maybe a 100 more horse for the cars?......to everyone at bristol, i'd like to say THANKS

Dear Lord. While I realize you have a GREAT sense of humor, I was hoping that this year you could find someone else to use as the punch line. Amen.
HamlinFan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HamlinFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2007 at 5:30pm
The race last night was real racing. True it can be snoozefest in the middle of the race. ive been to the last 3 bristol night races and none of them were like bristol of the past. I think the chase has alot to do with it. I think they need to put the bristol night race in the chase. if the weather would cooperate it would be great to be the last race before miami..
12brodie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 12brodie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2007 at 5:55pm
I was one that said it was fine to leave Bristol where it was. But after last year and this years CUP races I now have to agree that the dates should move. But the people out there blaming the new track are crazy. The truck and Busch races were awesome. So blame NASCAR not Bristol.
I am the 2010 jelloville 500 Champ!!!!!!!!!
simpilot7 View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simpilot7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2007 at 5:59pm
Totally agreed Hamlin, If there was just someway to make BMS the final stop, wow wouldn't that be an unbelievable race/celebration atmosphere! Alas, of course I'm dreaming here. Hmm, a ventilated, insulated, non reverberating sound dome.....
JW View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2007 at 6:11pm
Gary Perry
I am linking my post predicting the fall of Bristol. 
Also, for those of you praising the Busch race, I saw the ending only, well Kahne had the high line and was going to win.  Leffler made a move for the lead and backed off to save wrecking Kahne, and got tagged, but he would have needed 10 more laps.  Circumstance, not the track lead to a good ending.  Didn't see the truck race so I can't comment.
For those of you who don't like the rubbin, pick any other track, except for maybe the road courses and Martinsville, and you can see the kind of racing you want.  Why pay those Bristol prices???
Checkout my post;

JW View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2007 at 6:20pm
12brodie, if you're accusing me or anyone else of posting as different guests, then be man or woman enough to come out and say who you're talking about.  If it's me, I would figure that from my initial post that you could tell I was legit.
I got back from the race around 4:30, checked the board and responded.  Then I caught your message above after I posted the one above.
(I will check back later)
yankeegrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yankeegrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2007 at 7:29pm
When did 3 and 4 wide get boring?  Not from where I was sitting!!
Dominick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dominick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2007 at 10:18am
Don't give it a second thought JW.  12 Brodie is on every site posting his crap
frankt_01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frankt_01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2007 at 10:47am
Sorry everyone but I didn't like it either.  I'm a season ticket holder and I was really dissapointed.  I understand what they were trying to do.  And I'm not saying about wrecks.  But most of NASCAR racing has gotten boring lately.  Bristol was always so exciting because they did bump and bang around.  Sometimes they wreck, sometimes they save it.  The race was just boring though.  I will say that I agree sometimes it takes a while for the surface to come in.  But they tried to improve on perfection, and the race was kind of boring.  The COT there doesn't help either.
JW View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2007 at 12:40pm
I'm glad to see a lot of fans agree with me, see the NASCAR page for the poll, as of 12:38 EST, 8/27/07

Now that you've seen the results, are you a fan of the "new" Bristol?
Yes, I liked the different racing grooves
22191 41%
No, I miss the bumpin' and bangin'
31577 59%

The wine-and-cheese crowd better start clicking to save face.

The Mighty Bristol has struck out, but that's OK, Martinsville is on deck!
New predictions;
2009-Martinsville installs new lights
2010-Martinsville night race voted the one to see by the fans.
evanw2821 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evanw2821 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2007 at 1:04pm

After attending the race on saturday I can say with out a doubt I will pay that much money to watch a race like that again. Maybe nascar should started listening to the people who pay the big money to watch their races, instead of drivers. Any race is better than no race but there was a great race at bristol and it is no more. Nascar doesnt care what the fans think or they would have a race labor day weekend at darlington. Bristol is now a small version of tracks many do not like already. I will not be back until the old style bristol racing can be seen again.

Edited by Guest - 27 Aug 2007 at 1:05pm
simpilot7 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simpilot7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2007 at 1:14pm
Interesting predictions. I still think Martinsville excitement dropped a bit after the most recent event. With those cement blocks on four wheels, they were able to knock the !@#$ out of each other and not be phased by it. Kinda defeats the whole purpose of why we all (well most of us) watch the sport, EXCITEMENT, I don't watch the sport to see 43 identical vehicles circling asphalt, so heavy and fortified in the name of safety that all action is sacrificed, ESPECIALLY on a short track. Those of you who are defending this side-by-side junk, do some research on the history of the short tracks. Thats what built this sport.
willclemons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willclemons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2007 at 1:17pm
I usually don't post things on here, but I am now to see if other race fans share my thoughts on the "new Bristol". For many years Bristol's slogan/motto has been "Racin the way it otta be", well for many years I thought racin at Bristol was just that. But, if that was how racin otta be, then WHY DID THEY CHANGE IT?

My argument is this; if you want to see great side by side racin, then go to any cookie-cutter track out there and that's what you'll get for the most part. Even some of the older original cutter-based models (i.e. Michigan). To me Bristol has been about the bump and run (remember Gordon bumping Rusty out of the way for the win a few years ago?  Not to mention the many Earnhardt-Rusty Earnhardt-Labonte bouts) That is what made Bristol the hottest ticket in NASCAR. I know many a year ago, before Bristol was all concrete, there was side by side racing, not too much 3 wide though, but that was when you could still see and sit on the hills for the race.

I don't expect to see drivers wrecking each other for the win but a little rubbin is good racin, it just pains me to see Bristol changed in a way we don't have that now. But then again this is the new NASCAR (when a driver can't touch another without a fine), the days of Earnhardt Sr. are sadly gone, and so too are his style of racin.
frankt_01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frankt_01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2007 at 2:48pm
Email Jeff Byrd if you don't like the NEW BRISTOL.  I did.  The bigwigs need to know.  Maybe they would change it back
frankt_01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frankt_01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2007 at 2:51pm
The COT doesn't work too well for the bump and run.  They took the highest banked turns 36 degrees, and changed them to 30 degrees????  I know what they were trying to do.  But Bristol was perfect.  It's why everyone wants to go there.  I will keep my tix for a few years hoping they change it back.  But if not, I will try to become a Richmond or Martinsville season ticket holder. 
thepro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2007 at 3:00pm
i think it has to do alot with the cot car, look at bush race how great it was give them time to test there more it will get better ,now they don't have any notes to go on and goodyear bring a softer tire its on  like          donkey kong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!      
brownie
Rock View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2007 at 3:20pm
I have to agree here. Bristol has allways been about bumping and trading paint which there wasnt much of this race. I believe Bristol got where they are because of the style of racing they had, you couldnt see it anywhere else. I was disappointed with the racing this weekend. Only time will tell if it is the chase deal or the reconfiguration and resurfacing of the track. Like another post said if you want to see 3 and 4 wide racing go to a cookie cutter track, I believe most people that go to Bristol want to see the excitement of the bumping and banging. Bottom line is I believe there were alot of people that were not happy with the excitement level of the race. They did accomplish what they set out to which was to get 2 and 3 wide racing but they also took away a lot of the excitement which Bristol was known for.
JW View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2007 at 4:59pm
frankt 01, the high banks weren't so high.  Someone pointed that out on my first post last week ,and Ben T. admitted it.
Here is the link to the proof.
mnikeh View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mnikeh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2007 at 6:49pm
Frankt i went to the Martinsville race in the spring.....Pretty fun race but a lot farther away than Bristol.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic