FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Waltrip seats any good?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dewponte View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dewponte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Waltrip seats any good?
    Posted: 05 Aug 2007 at 2:45am
If you mean offering as in for free, take them and have the time of your life....this is regardless where you sit. Even paying face value for them, scoop those tickets up and hold on because you are in for one heck of a ride. I have personally never sat in the section in which you are referring to to but it is at he exit of the backstretch pit stalls and according to the seating chart it is elevated about twenty rows because this is where the infield entrance to the track is. Meaning, as close as I can tell, row 10 would mean around 30 rows up which will allow an unobstructed view of the track and victory lane. And on top of that seats 1 and 2 obviously are aisle seats, that is always a plus.

If any of you fans out there can confirm what I am saying or have other opinions on these seats please do, I believe these are good seats, but then again is there really a bad seat at "The Worlds Fastest Half Mile"?!

Edited by dewponte - 05 Aug 2007 at 2:46am
Hendrick Motorsports
12brodie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 12brodie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2007 at 5:33am
Yes there are some bad seats at Bristol but his are not going to be one of them.
I am the 2010 jelloville 500 Champ!!!!!!!!!
kentucky9 View Drop Down
BMS Fan Advisory Board
BMS Fan Advisory Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kentucky9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2007 at 6:22pm
Anybody know about secition II of Waltrip 20 rows up?  A guy on the elliott board is going for the first time and wants to know.
Bristol.....Allowing Coolers since 1961
Chumly View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chumly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2007 at 10:19pm
My opinion? There are no bad seats at Bristol!!!!
lewistondad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewistondad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2007 at 10:50pm
As long as you are below row 55 in Waltrip you should be fine!
Mike
Bristol24gal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bristol24gal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2007 at 11:26pm
if it rains higher is not bed either  lol...  you just miss the fly-by. I have spring tickets on row 3 in Waltrip. Section G I think. I would not trade them for any other seat. Awesome. You are looking right into the cars when they come around. Also can see most all of the track. Just miss the back stretch of pit row. Waltrip section is wonderful.  Have fun in Bristol

Robin
Melissa View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2007 at 8:39pm
Hi all I have tickets to the March 16th 2008 race.  I am in Junior Johnson section row 3.  Can anyone tell me about those seats..good/bad??
kentucky9 View Drop Down
BMS Fan Advisory Board
BMS Fan Advisory Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kentucky9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2007 at 8:47pm
Is it verifed on the ticket as March 16?

CitizenKahne View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CitizenKahne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2007 at 3:46pm
Melissa, make sure you bring lots of clothes as if that date is true, there might be snow angels.
12brodie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 12brodie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2007 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by Chumly Chumly wrote:

My opinion? There are no bad seats at Bristol!!!!

Set in Petty Terrace section G .Pearson terrace section A, or Kulwicki Terrace section O and see if you will still say there are no bad seats. I have had friends in them seat and the are really obstructed
I am the 2010 jelloville 500 Champ!!!!!!!!!
Melissa View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2007 at 7:09pm
I am from Maine so snow wouldnt be anything new for me
lewistondad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewistondad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2007 at 8:03pm
Melissa,
Are you in the Jr Johnson grandstands? Or the Terrace? I don't think you find real "obstructions" in either. If you are in the grandstands you are just 3 rows up from the track. Some people love being that close, some don't. You will get a good view, but it will be LOUD (wear earplugs or scanner headphones), it will be gritty, you will get some of the track dust, rubber etc.) If you are in the 3rd row of the terrace you will actually be maybe 20 or 30 rows up. I think you will be OK. 
Mike
*07* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *07* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2007 at 8:07pm
 If you're in Junior Johnson, the sun will be on top of you next Spring 'till around 2ish, then you'll be shaded and watch everyone on the frontstretch get a good suntan! (Hopefully)
davey130 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davey130 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2007 at 9:31pm
Hey brodie I can vouch for the fact that Petty Terrace Sec G are not good seats. Where did your friends sit at?
Proud Family Member of JELLOVILLE!!!
davey130 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davey130 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2007 at 9:41pm
dewponte I sat in DW for years in BB row 28 and thought they were really good. Only reason I moved was cause I got tired of sharing tickets with my boss.
Proud Family Member of JELLOVILLE!!!
AK1992 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AK1992 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2007 at 10:58pm
Melissa:
You get hit in the face with the sunset in the Waltrip grandstands, but they are great seats!
oxybob View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oxybob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2007 at 10:45am
I'm in waltrip u right in turn #3 up from victory lane row 25 sun sets back and to the left of me. love them.  if the race is march 16 the chances are it will be cold and snow is a distinct possibility unlike this march.  With easter early it moves bristol back to the danger zone.
~*BudMan07*~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~*BudMan07*~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2007 at 10:57am
you'll love 'em!!!awesome anywhere in turns 3 and 4!!
kentucky9 View Drop Down
BMS Fan Advisory Board
BMS Fan Advisory Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kentucky9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2007 at 6:41pm
So March 16th.  Well at least we wont have to pack all that ice in the cooler.
BMS section mgr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMS section mgr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2007 at 4:51pm
Waltrip seats are excellent! I work in Waltrip, and we have the best fans.  Have fun.
I went to a fight and a race broke out! It's Bristol baby!
Super J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2007 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by lewistondad lewistondad wrote:

As long as you are below row 55 in Waltrip you should be fine!

This comment scares me a little... we are in Section G, Row 61 of Waltrip. What's the issue with seats above Row 55???
sportn3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sportn3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2007 at 2:32pm

my seats are waltrip sec aa, row 50 and i love them. the pilars are just a few rows behind me so those dont get in the way. i have isle seats and i think im proly the first row not under the overhang. could easily move back though if it rained. the only negative and its no biggie is boy its a haul up to row 50. i have to take 2 shots on the way up and another 2 when i get to my seats. ill try and post some pic from the march race from my seats.

AKA Cooter
BMS section mgr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMS section mgr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2007 at 4:16pm
I can tell you about these seats. They are great. This is one of the sections that I have. Great time up there. Have fun.

Julie
I went to a fight and a race broke out! It's Bristol baby!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic