FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Concerns For Our friends

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jim McCombe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim McCombe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Concerns For Our friends
    Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 5:20pm
Racing at the moment has now taken a low priority status due to the terrible havoc brought on by the still not under control fires raging here in Northern California.
The focus now is with the safety and well being of our fellow racers and their families.
I have received several e-mails asking about different racers primarily in both the Santa Rosa and Napa areas which I have no answers for.
What I would like to do is to create this topic into a update check in report and a current status report for our fellow racers.
I will start things off by reporting Bob Norrbom along with his son Bob and Grandson Mike are safe from the fires that went through Glen Ellen.
The condition of Bob's business along with his home our unknown at this time. This is what Lynette was able to find out from Georgia Seipel.
Should you know the current status of any of the others, please share it here with us.
In a e mail a few days ago from track photographer Dave Hulford, I am happy to report that Dave and wife Lynda are both OK. They live in Napa
Be safe everyone please, Take some time and say a prayer or two for all that have not been as lucky as others.
Jim McCombe

Edited by Jim McCombe - 10 Oct 2017 at 7:02pm
If it feels like it's going side ways... IT IS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim McCombe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 6:52pm
Latest update...
Just got off of the phone with Garry Carlson who lives in Santa Rosa.
He is OK as is Tommy Johnson of Big Johnson's Automotive. Garry has also been in contact with Heath Bevan of MP Motorsports who also dodged the bullet.

Edited by Jim McCombe - 11 Oct 2017 at 11:47am
Zzzgott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zzzgott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 10:56pm
Jim,
I believe that is Richie Love with the yellow Tempest lives in San Rafael.
Doug's son Craig has the Fox body Mustang. I heard that Craig also lost his house in Santa Rosa.

Scott

Edited by Zzzgott - 10 Oct 2017 at 11:00pm
PsychoSy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PsychoSy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 10:57pm
Good news bad news. We're fine, house is OK. (Larkfield but north of Airport Blvd) Still evacuated, staying at a cousin's place in Occidental. Got the order to evacuate and Prisca is throwing stuff in suit cases and I'm grabbing the keys to the Syclone. Funny that I just got the thing running on Sat so my timing was good.

Sad news is a cousin in Glen Ellen lost her home and my sister-in-law in Coffee Park lost hers.

Fam is all OK. Dispersed from Sac to Occidental but at least none in a shelter.

Attempted to drive to our home today, it didn't work. Absolutely unbelievable what has happened.

Don
Remember' 500 miles is a drive, 1/4 mile is a race!

Don W.
Santa Rosa, Ca.
Bad Vega View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bad Vega Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 11:11pm
Hi Everybody...seems that parts of the fire are headed to Fairfield...Green Valley is under evacuation order now...look for places to donate items on FB...Vacaville may be next if the wind picks up...thanks, Bob
Bad Vega

Stab & Steer - Better to be lucky than good!
Mach1Pony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mach1Pony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 3:34am
Jim, Scott is correct.  Craig Love, my cousin and Doug's son, has lost his home in Coffee Park along with his '93 green LX Mustang, Ram Truck, 4 motorcycles and countless personal belongings.  This situation is just beyond belief.  Currently Craig and his family are safe and are staying with his parents in Novato.

My Brother who has the '64 Lemans lives in San Rafael.  He is out of harms way and is doing fine.

Thank you all for your prayers and concern.  I have the deepest hope this horrific event will end soon with no more casualties or property loss.

Stay safe everyone.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim McCombe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 11:40am
Thanks Ron and Scott for the clarification.
I just deleted my original post which was in error
I appreciate everyone for checking in.
Times like this, we need to band together and help one another.

Bob,
I hope the winds do not bring the fires to Vacaville or anywhere else. I have a brother who lives in the Green Valley section in Fairfield and they are now concerned as well.

Here is another update that was mailed to me.
From Bob Norrbom in Glen Ellen
Doing fine house & shop ok so far thanks for asking

And this from Larry and Kathy Ball in Napa
Larry and I are fine. Thanks for checking. Hugs

Edited by Jim McCombe - 11 Oct 2017 at 12:00pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim McCombe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 12:45pm
And this from Dave Hulford in Napa

This is 3rd party so you can treat it as you see fit. We are not on
Facebook but Lynda gets on our daughter's Facebook and reads what is going on.
Kevin D'Adamo posted last night that he had been evacuated from his home and was staying with his daughter.

Edited by Jim McCombe - 11 Oct 2017 at 12:48pm
Zzzgott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zzzgott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 9:23pm
OMG I was just watching the news and they were interviewing a guy from Glen Ellen that just lost 3 classic cars and I recognized him from the track. He races a dark blue1969-70 Chevelle I don't know his name. When will it ever end?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jim McCombe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 11:57am
Scott, I have never seen anything like this before in terms of either natural or man made disasters in my life time here in Northern California that has ever been so destructive.
We can all hope that it will soon come to a end. outside resources and equipment are now coming into the state to assist along with some National Guard units. There is a forecast of possible rain on Thursday which would be a God send. We can only hope...
One of my brothers who lives in Fairfield in the Green Valley area had to vacate yesterday. One of his friends lost 2 classic Corvettes as he watched flames consume his place before fleeing with his family and pets.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim McCombe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 12:35pm
Just found out that John and Sabrina Pecora were ordered out of their places in Sonoma. Race Car and trailer are both safe and at the track.

Edited by Jim McCombe - 12 Oct 2017 at 12:36pm
RacerX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RacerX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 1:12pm
Cal Fire Map :

https://www.google.com/maps/@38.3658624,-122.5223987,20z/data=!4m2!6m1!1s1TOEFA857tOVxtewW1DH6neG1Sm0
"What's behind me, is not important!" Gumball Rally
Bad Vega View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bad Vega Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 1:12pm
Hi all...I've looked at a lot of maps...this one is the best...and updated frequently: http://www.pressdemocrat.com/multimedia/7516058-181/pd-default-story-headline-xy
Bad Vega

Stab & Steer - Better to be lucky than good!
Mach1Pony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mach1Pony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 1:10am
Thanks Bob.  I think that is the best map I've seen also.
RacerX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RacerX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 8:37pm
https://api.mapbox.com/styles/v1/robinkraft/cj8nn4lvp7yoq2ro1klhjltw8.html?fresh=true&title=true&access_token=pk.eyJ1Ijoicm9iaW5rcmFmdCIsImEiOiJQLUp2RU9NIn0.B20c6fiHx0NCgfSOE3HYbw#16.29/38.3702/-122.51843/16.6

This is a current satellite photo with grey burned homes. I see that my old home in G.E. is there. It was red on the first Cal Fire over Google. 
"What's behind me, is not important!" Gumball Rally
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic