FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fremont Drag Strip Get Together

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jim McCombe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim McCombe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fremont Drag Strip Get Together
    Posted: 25 Aug 2017 at 1:43pm
It's hard to believe that it has been almost 30 years since the closure of the famed Fremont Drag Strip.
Fortunately, Mark Johnson of Skidmark's Productions has put together a one day event that will allow all of us to revisit the great era of this famed facility that spanned from 1959 up until the last race in November of 1988.
Mark has made arrangements with the Moose Lodge in Castro Valley to host this very special gathering on Saturday September 2nd which will run from 12 Noon to 5 PM
The day will be filled with film/video plus guest speakers who will bring back to life their experiences and memories of what many felt was the fastest drag strip ever of it's era.
There will be memorabilia on display of which attendees are urged to bring anything that you may have to share with others .
Cost is just $10.00 per person
Please join us for this once in a life time experience

Castro Valley Moose Lodge
20835 Rutledge Rd.
Castro Valley, California
Castro Valley,
California
For addition information or questions, write Mark Johnson
SkidMarkProductions2013@gmail.com

Edited by Jim McCombe - 26 Aug 2017 at 9:22am
If it feels like it's going side ways... IT IS!
HAMMER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAMMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 1:26pm
Jim,is there plenty of room for everyone who wants to come or what.The one in Niles is always sold out.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim McCombe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 2:39pm
Ron,
I have no way of knowing since I have never been to either.
Will find out when I show up at Noon on Saturday when Lynette and I along with Steve Parrish shows up
Thanks for responding, you were very much a part of the old Baylands/Fremont drag strip along with a lot of others from the old Hayward Drag Club group.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim McCombe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 3:44pm
Ron and everyone else who may be coming on Saturday
Here is what I just received from Mark Johnson who is the organizer of the Fremont Drag Strip Get Together

Maximum seating capacity is around 250. I don't anticipate everybody showing up at the same time but we are kind of winging it.
Thanks for the reassurance.
HAMMER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAMMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2017 at 6:31pm
Sorry Jim ,i have a funeral to go to sat.,Debbie lost her brother to cancer 2 weeks ago,have a good time,i would be there but family is more important this yr.              

HAMMER

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim McCombe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 9:25am
Ron,
My condolences to both you and Debbie on your loss.
I will miss seeing you there yet I fully understand the reason for your absence.
If the get together is as big as I think it will be, quite sure that Mark will consider doing another one only with a more advanced notice which would allow everyone to adjust their schedules.
Hope to see you on Monday at Sonoma for the final Summit ET Bracket points race. Things could get very interesting with the points shuffle.
All Summit ET classes will be on a ladder starting with the first round based on reaction times.
Take care my friend
Jim
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic