FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

wed night drags for test run

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jnybbad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnybbad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wed night drags for test run
    Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 11:16am
I have a new race car that I want to make some test runs with. It is not A Streetcar so would I just go in the comp Rod class at the Wednesday night drags?
Jim McCombe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim McCombe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 11:25am

Welcome to the Sonoma Raceway Drag strip forum Jhybbad!
I see no problems why you cannot
Just make sure it has mufflers and the car cannot exceed the 114 DB allowable limit.
If your car is quicker than 14.00 seconds, you will need current and legal SFI approved helmet.
You can run as quick as 11.50 seconds without a roll bar and a SFI approved drivers jacket (unless it is a convertible which would require all of the above quicker than 13.50 seconds)
Since you did not state the year of your car, the rules for 2008 and newer unaltered from the factory models will allow you to run down to 10 seconds flat without a roll bar on Wednesday nights unless the speed exceeds 134 mph. You will still need the required above legal SFI approved helmet and jacket.
Hope this answered some of your questions.
All final determinations will be left up to the tech inspector.
Have fun,
Jim McCombe

Edited by Jim McCombe - 18 Aug 2017 at 3:55am
If it feels like it's going side ways... IT IS!
Jim McCombe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim McCombe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 6:27pm
I failed to mention since your car is a non street car, you could just the tech officials that you are here for time runs only
They would then allow you to make your runs out of lane 16 for that purpose.
Sorry that I wasn't more specific to your original question
Jim

Edited by Jim McCombe - 14 Aug 2017 at 6:29pm
If it feels like it's going side ways... IT IS!
jnybbad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnybbad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 4:19pm
Thank you for the info I'll be out there tonight
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic