FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What were the results for the Corvettes July 12

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LS3CorvetteWSCC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LS3CorvetteWSCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What were the results for the Corvettes July 12
    Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 9:26pm
What were the results for the Corvettes July 12 2017
Jim McCombe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jim McCombe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 12:28pm
Sorry for the late posting on this
Thanks everyone who participated. The feedback from this race was great from both the racers as well as the track. Special thanks to Able Chevrolet in Rio Vista as well as Chuck Gerughty for making this happen.
Plans are in the making to do this again next year perhaps on a higher level.

Automatic Class Final

Winner: Nick Bublitz (Cotati) 01 Corvette .064 RT 13.034 ET (12.92) Dial in 95.81 mph
RU. Keith Richards (Windsor) 07 Corvette .218 RT 13.257 (13.20) 109.78
Semi Finals: Willie Woo 84 Corvette

Manual Shift Class Final

Winner:Dan Baptist (Cloverdale) 08 Corvette .186 RT 10.967 (10.69)112.18
RU: Carlos Godinez (Martinez) 02 Corvette .094 RT 13.782 (13.00) 107.21
Semi Finals: Jorge Roldan (Daly City) 08 LS3

Thanks to Sonoma Raceway photographer Dave Hulford, here are the final round stats for the King of The track final

King Of The Track

Winner: Nick Bublitz .084 RT 13.06 ET 91.60 mph
Runner-up: Dan Baptist .114 RT 11.06 ET 120.56 mph
(please note, actual dial in's were not available)

Edited by Jim McCombe - 28 Jul 2017 at 9:17pm
If it feels like it's going side ways... IT IS!
LS3CorvetteWSCC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LS3CorvetteWSCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2017 at 11:50am
Jim
Your crew and your great announcing made me and the Corvette drivers feel welcome and I know we all want to come back to race at SonLOLoma.
Jim Bailey
Jim McCombe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim McCombe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2017 at 1:27pm
Jim,
Thank you for the kind words, it means a lot.
The turnout was lower than expected which was about half of the 54 car count we had a few years back.
Perhaps some more earlier promotion is needed especially among the car clubs. I am thinking about a big trophy to the club with the most number of entries for a starter.
The Corvette guys were great, always ready to run when called in addition that they needed no reminders to wear their required safety equipment such as helmets and SFI approved drivers jackets for sub 11.50 ET runs.
I had a great time watching, just wish my C4 had not developed a mechanical issue after the first time run which ended my driver Bill Taggart from competing.
Looking forward to next year. Nice to have you on the forum Jim. Should you have any ideas for next year, let me hear from you. Also, if you know of any more Corvette owners that enjoy drag racing, tell them about this site.
I will be starting a new Corvette topic soon here of which I hope we can build on
Take care,
Jim   
If it feels like it's going side ways... IT IS!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic