FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wally Race NHRA Top Gun Open Details.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jim McCombe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim McCombe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wally Race NHRA Top Gun Open Details.
    Posted: 01 May 2017 at 3:37pm
Hi Everyone,
There has been a lot of local interest shown in this event which many have
requested more information about this special 2 day race weekend.
Here are more details for the NHRA Pacific Open at Top Gun Raceway June 2-4
in Fallon Nevada
Things start off with a Test & Tune session of Friday June 2 that runs from
Noon to 6 PM
Saturday's Summit ET race will be followed by 2 Jack Pot classes on Saturday, one
for electronics ($80.00 entry) and non electronics (40.00 buy in) with a 80% pay back
Will be run after ET or close to end of category elimination.
Sunday's Summit ET bracket race will include the highly sought after "Wally"
trophy which will be awarded to each class champion

Racers can get a discounted rate at the Rodeway Inn & Suites just by
mentioning that they were
recommended by the Fallon Drag Strip (Top Gun Raceway)
1051 W Williams Ave, Fallon, NV 89406
(775) 428-0300
https://g.co/kgs/9Cuuwv

Hope to see all of you in Fallon on June 2-4
Jim McCombe

Edited by Jim McCombe - 02 May 2017 at 4:27pm
If it feels like it's going side ways... IT IS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jim McCombe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 4:21pm
The track flyer for the NHRA Top Open in Fallon can be found under General Discussions.
Thanks Ron Love for doing this as well as putting for it up on Facebook

Edited by Jim McCombe - 02 May 2017 at 4:23pm
Mach1Pony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mach1Pony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 2:05pm
Link to TopGun flyer:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B94T7iaDzn2uZlpRZk9ua0tCMHc/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Mach1Pony - 03 May 2017 at 2:07pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jim McCombe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2017 at 12:29am
Ron,
Really appreciate all of your help promoting the Fallon NHRA Open wally race.

I have been asked many times before, why do you even want to promote another track?
When I returned to civillian life after 2 years away from home thanks to the US Army in 1955, Northern California there were many different drag strips to choose from.
There was "little Bonnevile" in San Jose, the Salinas Airport Drags,Sacramento Fairgrounds, Kingdon Drag Strip near Lodi, Oroville Drag Strip, Samoa Drag Strip(Eureka)Marysville/Yuba City drags, Redding Drag Strip followed a year or so later by Half Moon Bay, Cotati, Vacaville, Vina (near Corning) Fremont (Baylands Raceway)Sears Point Raceway and Sacramento Raceway. There may have been a few others that I have missed but this is what I remember.
Out of all of the previously mentioned tracks, only Redding, Samoa, Sonoma (Sears Point) and Sacramento remain leaving just us with just 4 Sacramento's future is now in doubt and could be gone by 2020
Even Nevada saw the same thing. Gone are the Carson City Airport Drags, Lemon Valley near Reno including the 1/2 mile drags (this is not a misprint) which were held at both Minden and Silver Springs leaving Just Top Gun Raceway in Fallon as the last Northern track standing.

When a race track closes, it hurts the entire racing community. Some racers who traveled to different venues before decide it's time to quit and you never see them again. I have seen this happen too many times.

I am very fortunate and still grateful that I have the announcers position at Sonoma Raceway where I am able to make mention to support your local drag strip. I have seen way too many close over the years and we need to protect and support what we all still have.
When was the last time you saw or heard of a new track being built in the state of California or Nevada?

Sorry for my rant... I love this sport and the people who make it up so damn much that I will do what ever it takes to keep it going and that is just one reason why I will be traveling to Fallon June 2-4 to help this small racer friendly track to keep it's gates open.
I hope many of you Sonoma Raceway Wednesday Night and Summit ET bracket racers will join me there. It is a genuine racer friendly track that will pleasantly surprise you if have not raced there before.
Besides I need some friendly faces to hang out with after the races, you are the few who will put up and tolerate me.   

Edited by Jim McCombe - 06 May 2017 at 5:49pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic