FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mid 1990's Photos/Contacts Racers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bridgetkaryn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridgetkaryn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mid 1990's Photos/Contacts Racers
    Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 11:05am
Hi There! 

I'm new... First Post... I'm Bridget Lynch, maiden name Hestand.

I am looking for some help here... I am going to apologize in advance for the length of this message but I figure the more info you have the better.. 

I am trying to track a photo or multiple photos of my dad, Ray Hestand, doing the 1/4 mile Wednesday night drags at Sonoma/Sears Point. He raced in these from 1989/90ish to 2000. His NHRA number was C777. From 1990-1998 he raced a White 1971 Pontiac GTO with a 455 big block. The license plate I BELIEVE said "455 GOAT", but I am not 100% sure on that. Later switched to a White El Camino... He often used to race with my brother Jimmy... 

He also raced up at Sacramento Raceway multiple times... The particular photo I am looking for is of the GTO, at the tree, it was take like right when he was taking off and the left front tire was probably 6-8 inches off the ground. It was a very cool photo, to say the least. 

The person who he sold the GTO to borrowed the print photo to make a copy but never gave it back and it was the only racing photo my dad has of him in the car. He purchased a photo of the GTO as well as a shirt... I am trying to get him to bring me the shirt but I want this as a surprise. 

I don't know if and of you remember my dad Ray or my brother, Jimmy... If you have any pictures, or people that you think I should reach out to who can help me track this down... Maybe you know the person who might of taken the photos during the mid 90's time frame? 

I know it's a long shot but it will make my dad really happy because we just lost my mom, his wife of 42 years, a month ago. I think this would be really special if I could track this down for him... Or really, any photo of him racing... 

Thank you so much. If you need additional information about him, the cars, please ask and I will do my best.

Thanks!

Bridget

Bridget
Jim McCombe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jim McCombe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 9:54pm
Bridget,
Dave Hulford who is our track photographer may have something in his files
Not sure what Year Dave started shooting the Wednesday night events as this could have been before his time?
Dave often visits these forums, should he have something, I am quite sure he will get back to you.
You gave a pretty good detailed account of your dad's car, that should help narrow things down quite a bit.
Good luck on your inquiry, hopefully someone can help.
Jim McCombe
Sonoma Raceway announcing staff

Edited by Jim McCombe - 06 Apr 2017 at 9:57pm
If it feels like it's going side ways... IT IS!
Bridgetkaryn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridgetkaryn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 9:14am
Thanks Jim... Any idea what Dave's user name is? 

Thank you! :-)
Bridget
Jim McCombe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim McCombe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 11:34am
Bridget,
Dave Hulford, our track photographer reads the forums on a frequent basis but rarely replies.
I see that he did reply to you and was able to find one photo of your Dad's car even though it was not the one you were looking for.
At least something positive came out of your request so all was not lost.
Best regards,
Jim McCombe
Sonoma Raceway Announcing Staff
If it feels like it's going side ways... IT IS!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic