FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

thoughts on race week end?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MOJO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOJO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: thoughts on race week end?
    Posted: 19 Jul 2016 at 7:20pm
I would like to get some thoughts on the weekend,I know what I think.
magic miler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magic miler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2016 at 7:24pm
I think it was COOL in my house.
"PUT IT OUT,TURN 2"
LOUDON STOCKHOLDER

MOJO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOJO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2016 at 5:49am
well again I was dissappointed,year after year I say everthing will get better,but not.There seems to be less & less to do there ,no souv. haulers ,no zip lines,no X show,NO PEOPLE,the stands had to be the emptiest I have seen in the last 20 yrs. for a July race.And O yeah,the racing,just my 2 cents 
Winginit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winginit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2016 at 2:55pm
Hmmm...If only a day trip for a Sunday race then my opinion would be different.  Face it, Sunday's race was quite literally a sleeper until the last 50 laps or so.  Mostly, that is a function of the track and hasn't changed much since I've been watching Loudon races.  Yup...not always the case...there have been exceptions.  I had hopes that this year's aero-package might change that.   I think when one or two cars pull away in the front like they did for so much of the race, it takes away the fight from everyone else.  Last part of the race, combined with some aggressive pit calls, things changed and got more exciting.  However, I was there for the camping as well and had a great time.  Perfect...No...United Site Services was a major fail for me and resulted in me missing almost all racing on Saturday.  I've camped at quite a few other tracks and never had the logistical misery brought on by USS.  But I enjoy the gathering of people that the event brings, spent time with good friends and got to meet some great new people (Clark and Lisa Thumbs Up).  In that regard it couldn't have been better and the downside issues don't deter me from wanting to continue.
Prrothead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prrothead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 3:10pm
Been going since 1998, I have never seen the grand stands this empty. When Bob Bhear owned it there were no empty seats. Saturday's racing was pretty good as usual and Sunday's race could have been a lot better. As for empty seats NHMS is not the only track with issues of filling the seats. Daytona had a bunch of empty seats, Kentucky was pretty empty and Indianapolis was horrible.                                        
I miss the speed stage, I use to spend a lot of time there. Outside vendors are not there because the track wants 50% of the profits. { had a friend who was vending there for a couple of races. )

Fanatics zone is just horrible. Talked to someone from the Toyota section who has been traveling for ten years and asked him about what other fans, from other tracks thought of it and he said no one likes it. This also put the mom and pop souvenir trailers out of work.

I enjoy going because of the fun I have camping with good friends and I enjoy watching the races. Will continue to go but NASCAR needs to stop making changes on a weekly basis and let them race.
Emptydata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emptydata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 6:52pm
Here is my take.
I have been going to NHMS since it opened it's gates.....

1 - Camping with friends and family AWESOME!!
2 - Fanatics, activities, Mom & Pop vendor's, food, ect, not good.
3 - Trackside???
4 - Racing? Saturday, surprised the modified's  were not as good as year's past but still OK.
Sunday - well no comment...........
Will be going again next year but our group will try a campground instead.
FWIW we are going to the September race!

Emptydata
Prrothead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prrothead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 3:08pm
OH YEAH NO fly over !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF !!!!!!!!!!!
MOJO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOJO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2016 at 6:16am
Not even a crop duster!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic