FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Black Sunday

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
doggoneracin View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doggoneracin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Black Sunday
    Posted: 01 Mar 2015 at 9:44am
As I sit here this morning looking out my window at the cold grey gloomy day, I can only wonder is this the last day for a Cup race at my home track? Poor attendance over the last few years has plagued many tracks but none more than Atlanta. This has the same feel as the last race at Rockingham and North Wilkesboro. The empty seats are getting harder to hide and is becoming an embarrassment to the sport just like empty seats at a bad ball teams stadium. When the new date was announced I said Atlanta would lose it's race in three years but today may be it. The local radio stations are practically begging people to go to the race. When Atlanta had two races, the March race was always cold and rainy so they lost that race. Moving the one date they have back to March is questionable but I'm sure Bruton and Nascar have a plan. Drivers seem to like racing on the track and the races at Atlanta have been pretty good with some great finishes but the same could be said for Rockingham and when Wilkesboro closed it averaged more lead changes than any other track. I have been going to the track since the outside wall was just a guardrail and I would hate to see it go.
I just want to see a good race.
gaditchdoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gaditchdoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 3:33pm
It is sad indeed. The Fan Zone was virtually empty. The Pre-Race stage with live broadcast was nowhere to be found. No Fox, No Speed, No ESPN. And then you read that it was all because they (Speedway Motor Sports) did not have enough "time" to promote it...

If this had been any other large company, they would be looking for a general manager and a VP of marketing this morning.  I also wonder about NASCAR's cognitively challenged decision to set the date in the worst part of the year. Do this people not have a farmers almanac. 

And the saddest part is there has not been one "we're sorry" or any other press release from AMS about how we, the fans, have been treated, just a "lock in" advert for next year. Lock in for what?

No more fan zone, no more merchandise haulers, and more cold rain/ snow.

Yes I said no more merchandise haulers, some body  decided we do not need that any more, so now we get an indoor tent, with check outs like Walmart. If I had wanted to go to the Mall, I would have drove there. Cry
I haven't spoken to my wife in years. I didn't want to interrupt her.
Rodney Dangerfield
shallene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shallene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 3:59pm
Very Very Unhappy with NASCAR moving the Atlanta to March I have talk a lot of people And They won't be. returning next year this is very sad to hear . I was in the infield and what a mess at turn one they knew they had a problem but never address it . not until late Thursday night I guess NASCAR don't care what the fans   think . I think they will know next year when they lose more money . There's. about 40 in group that won't be coming back unless something is done . I know Hampton wasn't to happy talk to some of the store owners . NASCAR do you know what you have done I think you need to look at the whole picture before you lose all your fans at Atlanta Speedway
SHALLENE
shallene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shallene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 12:15pm
EVERY ONE NEEDS TO WRITE TO NASCAR LET THE KNOW HOW THEY FELL
SHALLENE
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic