FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pit passes...kinda a bust!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rameye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rameye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pit passes...kinda a bust!
    Posted: 29 Dec 2013 at 8:50pm
So we bought the pit passes to get behind the wall and check it out...here is my review for all that were on the fence...

What was cool..

Checking out the pit stalls..talking to Harvicks crew...nice fellas
Walking up and down pit road...pretty cool
My bud hooked me up with Jr and Jeff for howdy doody session

Now the uncool..

Not much opportunity for driver interaction or even seeing them or that matter!
Once the cars start to roll out...they kick you out.(nicely but firmly)..see ya sucker!
I was really hoping to be in front of the stage for driver intros...no way Jose!
No way to see or get near garage or cars...
Most of infield was no access!

For the 50 bucks..not really worth it....did it once, not again unless they change the format..
I have more fun at the speedvision live broadcast!

I realize we had no infield access except a tour for years and years...just a rant!!
Save yer money friends
Fundytrail View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fundytrail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2013 at 8:07am
I got my pit pass free this year when I renewed my tickets and camping for September.
But I do agree a regular pit pass is just ok, had a HOT passes a couple of years and they where great as they allowed you in the garage area at anytime.
NHMS,LMS & Daytona

rameye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rameye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2013 at 8:20am
The worst part in the NHMS description of the passes they tell you how you will be up close to the cars and be up front for the pre-race goings on.....NOT

A little mis-leading..

For free they are a bargain...lol!
rameye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rameye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2013 at 8:23am
Ah yes my search for a HOT pass...who do you have to be to get one of those!!

Seems I was the only guy with out one....

on my bucket list 4 sure
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fundytrail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2014 at 3:51pm
I got my Hot pass through a friend who worked for a company that sponsored NASCAR.
NHMS,LMS & Daytona

rameye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rameye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2014 at 9:29am
Thanks Fundy...

thats what i figured....will have to find somebody in the know
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fundytrail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2014 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by rameye rameye wrote:

Thanks Fundy...

thats what i figured....will have to find somebody in the know

And my contact retired Cry
NHMS,LMS & Daytona

rameye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rameye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2014 at 4:35pm
that stinks!!!!
madfinnhockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madfinnhockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2014 at 12:49pm
My son was a jackman for a few years, so he typically gets us hot passes for all the races we attend. Will say the first few times its a ton of fun, especially staying in a teams pit stall for the race. But after a few times it wasn't quite as fun or exciting.
NHMS
Charlotte
Atlanat
Pocono
Kansas
rameye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rameye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2014 at 12:56pm
Just want to do it once...Im sure its quite a different perspective!

As a gear head, I think it would be very cool.

I will keep trying.....sooner or later it'll happen

rameye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rameye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2014 at 8:22pm
Let us know if the pit pass experience has improved!
ahb14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahb14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2014 at 1:30pm
It is still the same.  Fun to do once to get up and personal with the pit boxes, but then it's the same everytime.  Don't really see Drivers.
rameye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rameye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2014 at 3:53pm
dont forget to mention.....no cars to see.....no driver introductions....that needs to change!
rameye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rameye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 11:06am
He just putting this back up top to see if they changed the pit pass format.....
shaunc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaunc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2014 at 11:51pm
Just need to say these passes are great. I put a positive post out on these back in 2011. Today was my first time back since then. Had pit passes again. The key nhms is to get to the area between the garage and the drivers meeting. Today it was in the north garage and you could get to this area through open gates near the entrance of pit road. We set up here at about 10:15 and had numerous encounters with drivers, team members and media types. So worth the money. Did get some autographs, but focused on pictures this year. I'll list a number but not all the folks we saw up close. Rick Bergen, Wendy Venturini, Dr Jerry Punch, Allen Bestwick, Marty Smith (highlight), Tyler Norris, Alex Bowman, Justin Algaier, Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Tommy Baldwin, Doug Richart, Steve Letarte, Chad Knaus, Marcos Ambrose, Landon Cassil, David Ragan, Claire B Langley, Hermie Sadler, Austin Dillon, Ryan Newman, Clint Bowyer, Mike Helton. From here we moved over to outside the drivers meeting. After the meeting got Carl Edwards autograph, saw Kevin Harvick and Brad Keel Osaka up close. Hung around there until after the MRO service and saw Kyle and Samantha Busch, Kurt and his girlfriend, Matt and family, Joey and his gf, Danica and Ricky all walk to there carts. So worth it. Made the day!
rameye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rameye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 8:41am
I guess the question is..the location where you set up shop...were you supposed to be there or did you get lucky??

I see they changed the format a little.....atleast you can see the cars...last year they were locked in the paddock.

Still think its crap you cant watch driver introductions with your pit pass.,,they could easily guide everybody out the tunnel instead of thru the gates..
shaunc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaunc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 7:36pm
I don't think we got lucky. no impediments to getting there. There were lots of folks there. Getting where we were is not really advertised though. Helped us this time that we had been there in 2011 and knew where we needed to get to this time. The big name drivers may not got through the area but if you know more than just the top 10 drivers you will have good interactions with them. (Did see Jimmie Johnson and got his autograph in 2011) Talked to a few guys who others around had no clue who they were. They are impressed youi know who they are. With respect to the driver intros, had access to them in 2011 at NH and at Charlotte in 2010, interaction by the garage in 2011 and 2014 topped those easily. To each their own.
N2JVE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N2JVE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2015 at 8:05am
At the Sept 2014 Race morning my wife and I  got some pics and autograghs like one guy said right near the Resturant and the Bathrooms on the North side of the track . My wife got Austin Dillon, Phil Parsons, Mike (Pres of NASCAR) Clint Boyer, Chad Chanusse (Sorry for spelling ) and some other drivers and crew chiefs.  So I think she did pretty well  but I also have to agree that for the price of a pit pass you should get alittle more bang for the buck. like driver intros and to at least work through the garage area even if it is down the center of the road in front of the garages. For what you pay for a reserved site ( S8) for a piece of dirt

Mike
rameye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rameye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2015 at 7:21pm
Lets keep this post rolling..

If you get the pre-race pit pass tell us what you thought....I think the experience really needs to improve!!!!

Lets see if it got better!
N2JVE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N2JVE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2015 at 10:11pm
I am courious as well. Granted it's nice to get into the pits but, $400.00 for just a piece of dirt  for your Reserved camping site.you would think they would throw you alittle bit better bone then what they are offering. I would be happy just to be able to stand in front of the stage for Driver intro's  The people going this Lenox 301 Please let us know it things have changed this year!!!

Mike A.
Niverville, N.Y.

S8 Campsite
Sept 2015
rameye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rameye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2015 at 8:41pm
Any pit pass reviews from this July race?? How bout the Magic Mile Club tent?? 
rameye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rameye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2016 at 3:02pm
I finally will have a chance for Hot Passes but will be at Darlington to enjoy them- during labor day.

Got seats in the owners box area-pace car ride- hot pass-driver intro pass---pretty fired up.

Would still like to see the NHMS pit pass get improved. I like what daytona does...if you have an infield pass you get up close for the concert and driver intros---then they evacuate the whole crowd into the stands.

No reason why similar cant be done up here...

Hope they read these forumsWink

Let me know if they improve on our pit pass experience
magic miler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magic miler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 5:44pm
Hot Pass for Mrs. Miler and myself for September. Pictures to follow during race weekend....
"PUT IT OUT,TURN 2"
LOUDON STOCKHOLDER

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic