FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1st timer parking question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jpcraig View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpcraig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1st timer parking question
    Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 12:36pm
I'm coming to the N'wide race on SAT, & I need to be able to park close & not have to walk far to the track.....would really appreciate some suggestions, tips, etc.
nascargrrrowl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nascargrrrowl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2013 at 10:44am
I have been to AMS on two different occasions.  If you are coming from Atlanta on 19/41 south, then you should try to park in the Red Lot.  There is a tram that serves that parking area about halfway down the lot.  You probably will be parked closer to the front side of the lot, though, and will walk to the track.  The walk from parking lot to the track (and track to lot) is not as bad as Charlotte Motor Speedway or Bristol Motor Speedway.  The only hill climb is after you enter the track up to the concourse, similar to those found on the front stretch side at Bristol.
If you are coming in on 20 West then you should use the Weaver Lot and wait for tram service to bring you to the front stretch side.  Tram service will be available before and after the race.  As always park the way you want to leave after the event.  The earlier you arrive the better and closer the spot you will have.  Also, the first people to arrive tend to be the first people to leave, because of the way parking works at this facility.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic