FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How's Lisa?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rancheroracer View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rancheroracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How's Lisa?
    Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 2:43am

Steve,
How's Lisa doing?  We're praying for her, hope she's better!
Doug
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13
SLCaldwell View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SLCaldwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 3:39am
Lisa is stable and doing well but,...... after tests, a tumor was found inside her heart causing the stroke(TIA) on Wed night.  She will be going to surgery on Monday to remove it. She is at Marin General Hospital.
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rancheroracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 11:26am

Steve,
Thanks for the update.  Lots of people of course wondering how she's doing & praying for her.
Doug
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SLCaldwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 12:59pm
Lisa's surgery has been moved to today at 2:00. I will keep you posted.
Jim McCombe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim McCombe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 2:56pm
Spoke with Lisa on the phone this morning and she sounded great!
No ill effects from the stroke and found out as Steve mentioned that her surgery to remove the tumor is set for today.

Please keep both Lisa and Steve in your prayers.

At the moment, I am in Salt lake City but will be driving home later tonight so will not have access to a computer to get any late updates.

Edited by Jim McCombe - 29 Jun 2012 at 2:56pm
If it feels like it's going side ways... IT IS!
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SLCaldwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2012 at 12:58am
Lisa made it through the surgery, they got it all out  and she is expected to recover fully. Thanks for all the support. I have received countless texts and phone calls and we appriciate all of the support and love we have received. Lisa will be in the Hospital for about a week.
she is expected to be in ICU for 2 days the she will be put in the main area. Thanks again Steve
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rancheroracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2012 at 2:16am

Great news!  Thanks for letting us know, prayers answered!  Let us know when we can call & tell her she's in our prayers still.  Scary stuff!

Jim McCombe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim McCombe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2012 at 9:51am
Just got in from Salt Lake City after driving all night.
The 1st thing I wanted to do before I head off to bed was to see how the surgery went and was elated after reading Steve's update.

I am now sure that I will be able to go to sleep easily now knowing that she is out of harms way    
If it feels like it's going side ways... IT IS!
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SLCaldwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2012 at 11:09pm
Lisa is now out of ICU and is doing well. She is now expected to be released from the hospital on Tuesday. She has a long recovery time ahead of her but the worst part is over. She looked great today compared to yesterday but still in alot of pain because
of the surgery. Thanks for the support.

Edited by SLCaldwell - 02 Jul 2012 at 2:08am
McK_Racing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McK_Racing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2012 at 10:16am
Wow, I just saw this! I had no idea any of this was going on. Glad to hear she's doing well and I hope she continues to improve. Surgery and stays in the ICU are never fun. You can add KaTrina and me to the list of people wishing the best for her.
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rancheroracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2012 at 1:28pm

I just talked to Lisa, she sounds good, really good considering what she's gone through.   As Steve said, she really appreciates all the love & support everyone has shown.

STK 758 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STK 758 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2012 at 5:38pm
Steve. Give Lisa a big hug from us please. Very glad to hear she is OK. I just found out from Doug and Chris. Just thinking of you guys and prayer too!

Barry, Rhonda, Sara, Tyler, Jeff and Darren

Edited by STK 758 - 02 Jul 2012 at 5:40pm
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SLCaldwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2012 at 12:55pm
Thanks Everyone. Lisa is doing very good but is going to stay 1 more day in the hospital. I will pick her up tomorrow! Good luck at the races, If all goes well she should be able to race by Memorial Day. The doctor says 6 to 8 weeks. See ya soon.  Steve

dragvet61 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragvet61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2012 at 3:34pm
Glad to hear she's doing okay!!  Will talk to you guys soon.  Take care.
Love,  Larry & Judy

Larry & Judy
jjlewis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjlewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2012 at 5:16pm
Steve and Lisa -

Nilson and McCombe have been keeping the Juggers informed of all the great progress.  Lisa, you have all 100 of us sending positive thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery, even if it means getting beat by you!

JohnL
backdraft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backdraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2012 at 10:15pm
Steve (and Lisa), 
   So glad to hear that the prognosis is so positive. It shook everyone up quite a bit, so the relief of the good news is welcome.  Speedy recovery girl! Do what the Docs and Therapists tell ya (no cheating) and you'll be back in no time!
- John Murphy -
old too soon; smart too late
HAMMER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAMMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 2:22am

Lisa, so glad your doing ok,tell steve to make sure he takes good care of you, or ill grab him ,and do a fatman rollover on him,lol.Sure happy everything went well ,get better, and maybe you will be able to come and watch, at the next double race .

HAMMER7316
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SLCaldwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 11:19pm
Lisa is doing great and improving alot everyday. 6 to 8 weeks she should be back in her car!      Easy now Ron, I remember the last time you did the Fatman Roller over on me you almost broke my hip. LOL  Later
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rancheroracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 11:57pm

Good news!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic