FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Terry White Accident Update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jim McCombe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim McCombe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Terry White Accident Update
    Posted: 16 Apr 2012 at 7:50pm
Terry White of Half Moon Bay was involved in a serious finish line accident on Sunday (April 15) during the 2nd round of Top Comp qualifying.
The medical people on scene determined just to be on the safe side to have him transported to the Hospital via Helicopter.

I have been flooded with e-mails asking about him and here is some very good news on Terry's status that was sent to me from track manager Georgia Seipel

Terry and his wife just came by the office to see me, He looks good. He is sore and getting many bruises on his body. He has to be a good boy for couple of weeks just relaxing and no driving. Bering a typical racer he has to look at the dragster, and said it was not as bad as thought it would be.

Just remember this the next time you go through tech and these inspectors are pointing out things to you.
Accidents can happy at any speed even if your car doesn't run 180 mph as Terry's dragster.
Because Terry had all the right equipment and a car that met all of the current safety rules, he survived and will live to race another day.

In my years as a announcer at different tracks, I have been witness to several fatalities of which one involved a 12.90 ET bracket car

Just because your car isn't a dragster, things can go wrong at any speed and no one is exempt.

Our Tech people are looking out for you and we do not want anyone getting hurt or worse...Keep that in mind the next time you hand that tech card to the guy looking at your car and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Be safe, have fun and we hope to see each of you soon.

Edited by Jim McCombe - 16 Apr 2012 at 7:52pm
If it feels like it's going side ways... IT IS!
Jack44 View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 12:47pm
Thanks for the update, Jim...
It's all right letting yourself go, as long as you can get yourself back. - Mick Jagger
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic