FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

BMS Track Presser

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
chuddles40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuddles40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BMS Track Presser
    Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 9:47pm

via WCYB TV 5 in Bristol

BMS Calls Press Conference To Explain Track Changes

AAAText Size
Bristol Motor Speedway officials have called a press conference for Wednesday, April 25, to release the details about upcoming changes to the track.According to the news release, Speedway Motorsports, Inc. CEO and Chairman O. Bruton Smith, and BMS General Manager Jerry Caldwell will be present for the announcement.The press conference will be held in the infield beginning at 11 a.m.
Chris Huddleston
Executive Bristol FAB Member
29_2B_Champ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 29_2B_Champ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 8:42pm
home page on BMS website bristolmotorspeedway.com has the article and a picture of the safer barriers being removed.
#29 Bud Car
frankt_01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frankt_01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 11:13am
Glad they're removing the progressive banking.  Anxious to see what this does to the racing.  I would love to see the return of the "regressive" banking as has been stated on this forum in the past.  Adding 7000 seats doesn't exactly make sense just yet.  But we'll see what happens at the track.
*07* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *07* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 11:43am
i couldn't pull up the press conference :(
what are the changes? what degree??!!!!!! thanx in advance. . .
wiggsmom View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wiggsmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 11:48am
'07, I didn't hear any numbers thrown out...

frankt_01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frankt_01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 11:51am
They're grinding down the top layer of progressive banking in the turns.  That should hopefully help.  Bruton said he's not a fan of progressive banking and he doesn't think it's worked well at Bristol.  So they're removing it.  I believe there's still a layer of progression in the banking at the bottom of the track.  But I don't know how far up that is, or how it would affect anything.  I guess there are 3 different banking degrees in the turns?  He also indicated that he wants to add 7000 seats in the next few years.
*07* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *07* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 12:00pm
thanx frank!!!
exsailor View Drop Down
BMS Fan Advisory Board
BMS Fan Advisory Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exsailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 3:31pm
add seats???  they should do the opposite and change all that bench seating to stadium seating.   taking away the progressive banking may make for more action, but until these drivers are motivated to win instead of "finish well" they wont start taking chances. 
jpcraig View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpcraig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 4:25pm
if he was looking to sell tix & increase TV ratings, this'll do it....gotta believe this'll be the most highly anticipated race in awhile, maybe since Daytona was repaved....how'd that work out!?!?!
exsailor View Drop Down
BMS Fan Advisory Board
BMS Fan Advisory Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exsailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 4:40pm
admittedly I want to see it and will be there,  but I would have ben there anyway.   I just believe we can effect the fan experience a lot more than we do in addition to the racing.  Bristol cant take the crowd for granted any more...
29_2B_Champ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 29_2B_Champ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 11:37pm
Bruton also said he is asking Goodyear to possibly bring a softer tire to Bristol. They plan on having a tire test as soon as the track has undergone the changes.  He also went on to say that most drivers had expressed their desire for a softer tire for Bristol.
#29 Bud Car
*07* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *07* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2012 at 11:07am
august is gonna be a phenominal race. . .
wre2000mw View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wre2000mw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2012 at 4:42pm
Didn't they try a softer tire a few spring races ago and end up having to bring a different compound in on race day because of all the "marbles".
Bowhntr View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bowhntr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2012 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by wre2000mw wre2000mw wrote:

Didn't they try a softer tire a few spring races ago and end up having to bring a different compound in on race day because of all the "marbles".

I think it was a harder tire that caused all the problems.
Bring back North Wilkesboro Speedway!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic