FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Track Wish List

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
madfinnhockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madfinnhockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Track Wish List
    Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 9:24am
After seeing another post requesting Smith put some money into reconfiguring the racing surface at NHMS, I was wondering what everyone else's "Track Wish" would be. So, what could NHMS do to make your experience at the track better??? 
NHMS
Charlotte
Atlanat
Pocono
Kansas
Beerdawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beerdawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 12:39pm

2 things I would like to see would be a little dirt work in the camping areas to level them up a little and tram service in s6

lisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 4:24pm

I'd love to see the washrooms updated. 

And the jumbtron back for turn 1-it's hard to see the screen on top of the scoring pylon from down there.
magic miler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magic miler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 4:47pm
My wish list is for NHMS Staff to read this forum the way they monitor Facebook and Twitter. This forum seems to be the forgotten Myspace child.
"PUT IT OUT,TURN 2"
LOUDON STOCKHOLDER

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madfinnhockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 5:00pm
Magic, thats my wish (well one of them) also. Other SMI tracks monitor and actively participate on it. Charlotte has a great bunch of track personnel that participate.
NHMS
Charlotte
Atlanat
Pocono
Kansas
22sporttruck View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 22sporttruck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by magic miler magic miler wrote:

My wish list is for NHMS Staff to read this forum the way they monitor Facebook and Twitter. This forum seems to be the forgotten Myspace child.
when they ask a ? on facebook. maybe we should leave comments asking them to post them here too.

BIGGER SEATS !!!! we buy a Extra seat so we dont get squished. the couple next to us are LARGE they take up half of my seat Embarrassed
Hickory,North Wilksboro,Charlotte,Dover,Loudon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madfinnhockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 11:00am
I would like for the track to bring back the food and merchandise vendors that used to setup outside the track gates. They would be open early in the morning and into the evening, giving those camping at the track another place to grab a bite to eat, gather, shop, etc. The merchandise vendors would go from tunnel all the way to the backstretch, and there used to be some great food vendors there too, I remember a BBQ vendor that was just great..
NHMS
Charlotte
Atlanat
Pocono
Kansas
maggzi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maggzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by madfinnhockey madfinnhockey wrote:

I would like for the track to bring back the food and merchandise vendors that used to setup outside the track gates. They would be open early in the morning and into the evening, giving those camping at the track another place to grab a bite to eat, gather, shop, etc. The merchandise vendors would go from tunnel all the way to the backstretch, and there used to be some great food vendors there too, I remember a BBQ vendor that was just great..
I agree madfinn this is what i miss most about the camping!!
techman247 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote techman247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 4:29pm
To allow small tents to sleep in if you get there early before its get dark on Sat night.
Jos 24:15 ... choose you this day whom ye will serve; ...but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.
ampedn08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ampedn08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 10:07am
Another 100 laps would be nice.And as far as the outside vendors go,I don"t see that ever happening.He doesn't allow that at any of his tracks.I think he even bought the Speedway Motorsports Park(Or struck a deal with the owner),because all the vendors were not in there last September. I don't mind walking up to the Gas station on 106 to check out the vendors(its all the same crap anyway)because it gives me something to do.

Edited by ampedn08 - 29 Mar 2012 at 10:15am
pats-nh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pats-nh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 8:28pm
I would like a pedestrian bridge behind turn 2 over the road behind the grandstands.

Currently, staff has to stop pedestrians and cars all day long. An elevated walkway over the road would help the flow of cars and people.

Edited by pats-nh - 08 Apr 2012 at 8:41am
scup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by pats-nh pats-nh wrote:

I would like a pedestrian bridge behind turn 2 over the road behind the grandstands.

Currently, staff has to stop pedestrians and cars all day long. An elevated walkway over the road would help the flow of cars and people.
They could use the same thing over between turn 3 & 4 also 
Devil Dog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devil Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 6:03am
Thats what they did in Texas ,built a bridge over the tunnel rd.
#1 Biffle Fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote #1 Biffle  Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 1:27pm
Lights that would allow Night Racing in July!
djoz24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djoz24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2012 at 8:05pm
While all of these requests are good ones, they do not improve the on track racing! How about more banking? Perhaps reconfiguring to a D shaped oval. There is plenty of room on the back stretch. The current racing surface is only a groove and a half at best. While I am grateful to have Sprint Cup racing in NH, I am not a fan of 43 cars strung out after 20 laps. More banking would create a wider groove and promote side by side racing at higher speeds thru the corners.No more drag racing down the front stretch, making a u turn and repeating the same thing down the back stretch.
djoz24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djoz24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2012 at 8:23pm
I agree with Maggzi. The food options at the track are terrible! The current food quality not very good. But I guess when you don't have competition, you can serve whatever you want, no matter how poor it is.
josmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote josmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2012 at 6:33am
I have to say that I agree with all the comments made so far!  I do enjoy the outside vendors but I know the chances of them returning are slim to none.  The walk to the gas stations is a nice break anyway and it is always the same crap year to year anyway...reconfiguring the track to  make for less boring races would be great for sure.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote techman247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2012 at 2:19pm
How about putting the a new Webber Shower and toilet in the North Section of the Track for the Campers.
Jos 24:15 ... choose you this day whom ye will serve; ...but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.
tpgoneracing71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgoneracing71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 1:10pm
I would love to see some lights and Saturday night racing in July.The race is now in the hottest month of year and the humitity makes it brutal!!! If they want more fans in July bring night racing to New Hampshire!!!!!!!!!
djoz24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djoz24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2012 at 7:18am
Thanks again to Bruton Smith and SMI. They are resurfacing the track in Bristol to improve the racing! They said that the reason that they are doing it , is because the fans have been voicing their opinions. I say , What about NHMS !!! How about we listen to the fans here. How about we bring the Baers back, they would listen. We may not live in the south,but we are some of the most loyal,diehard fans in NASCAR. Fix what is wrong with our track.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madfinnhockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 10:18am
To me, NHMS seems to be one of the few, if not the only SMI track that doesn't have a fan advisory council, nor do track personnel monitor, respond, and contribute to the fan forum. Several other SMI  tracks have active track personnel responding and contributing to their tracks Fan Forum.

I know that in the past Magic Miler addressed the issue of a NHMS Fan Advisory with the track, but I don't believe he received any response, maybe Miler, if you read this, you can let us know what did or didn't happen.

I'm not sure why NHMS continues to ignore this Fan Forum as a active means of interacting with the fans.
NHMS
Charlotte
Atlanat
Pocono
Kansas
tpgoneracing71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgoneracing71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 8:55pm
You want to talk about race fans.I live less than a mile and a half from two race tracks and twenty five miles from six that I can think of.And each of them still run every weekend.(all at night)!! We even love racing so much we are willing to stand out on a frozen lake to watch the spectacle of ice racing. I know Nascar started in the south but racing is in this northern hillbillies blood and I know I'm not alone up here!!!!!!!!!!!!How do we get are message to the big wigs if they refuse to listen? We can always try to get our questions answered on the Hub,Nascar Now,Or twitter. Maybe national media can shame them into answering some of our question !!!
magic miler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magic miler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 5:43pm

To me, NHMS seems to be one of the few, if not the only SMI track that doesn't have a fan advisory council, nor do track personnel monitor, respond, and contribute to the fan forum. Several other SMI  tracks have active track personnel responding and contributing to their tracks Fan Forum.

I know that in the past Magic Miler addressed the issue of a NHMS Fan Advisory with the track, but I don't believe he received any response, maybe Miler, if you read this, you can let us know what did or didn't happen.

I'm not sure why NHMS continues to ignore this Fan Forum as a active means of interacting with the fans.
I've contacted the Communications director for NHMS and was told there were no plan as of yet. That was two years ago. I cornered Bruton last fall and asked him, he thought there was one all along!!I went so far as to have conversations with Concord Charlie, Couchman, and a few other people who will remain nameless. It does get frustrating when ideas that would help go unnoticed from the fans. Fans First and all....
  Maybe someday a fan council will be established at NHMS. It would be a great asset for the speedway. Just my opinion though...
"PUT IT OUT,TURN 2"
LOUDON STOCKHOLDER

scup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by magic miler magic miler wrote:

I've contacted the Communications director for NHMS and was told there were no plan as of yet. That was two years ago. I cornered Bruton last fall and asked him, he thought there was one all along!!I went so far as to have conversations with Concord Charlie, Couchman, and a few other people who will remain nameless. It does get frustrating when ideas that would help go unnoticed from the fans. Fans First and all....
  Maybe someday a fan council will be established at NHMS. It would be a great asset for the speedway. Just my opinion though...
The only way anyone from NHMS is going to listen is when it starts to hit em in the wallet, you need to look no further than what is happening at Bristol right now.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote techman247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 11:04pm
Start Flooding their Facebook Page with your Ideas. I will.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic